40 - I'll See You Tonight

AN: Hi!!!

40 chapters??? That's incredible and insane to me. I truly didn't think I'd make it this far with writing this fic. I didn't even think I'd write past chapter 10, in all honesty.

Thank you guys again so much for the love and support! It means more to me than you'll ever know. This fic is singlehandedly getting me through college right now.

Also a huge shout-out to my friend who's writing a fic by minniemingie that you should all go check out!!!

With all the love in the world,
- J <3

P.S. Might want to do future me comments ;)

____________________________________
Niccolos POV: (1-week time skip)

The day had finally come.

I'm going home. I'm hopping on a plane in less than twelve hours and getting out of Stohess.

Dr. Rico cleared me this morning, saying that she felt confident enough to release me even though I was still having mild headaches that came and went.

I booked my flight home immediately after, getting the fastest flight home that I could. Unfortunately, the flight was at noon, so I would be landing at around eleven or midnight due to the time difference. The flight hours were ridiculous, but hey, I won't complain because I want to get the hell out of here.

My ribs were still healing, but I don't care. I told Dr. Rico that I wasn't waiting four to six weeks for them to heal completely to go back home. The concussion was my only concern.

The rest of the bruises on my body were nearly healed, including the small scratches and such.

I was healing well, and I can only thank the motivation to get home and return to my life for that.

The anticipation to get home is killing me, and if I could've flown home with a concussion, I so would've. Anything to get back home would do for me.

It's crazy, like I'm finally seeing the light at the end of this tunnel that was Stohess. I can finally see my old life, my job, my routine, my house, and Sasha at the end of it.

I'm finally going home. No more countdowns and no more guessing games of when I could go home.

Sasha doesn't know that yet, but I can't wait to tell her.

It's currently eight for me, meaning I'd have two or so hours until I needed to get to the airport. Stohess Airport was a mess to navigate, so I want to be there early just to make sure I don't miss my escape plane. I would be so pissed if I had to stay another night in this snobby ass rich people's territory.

I walk out of the hospital after signing myself out, catching an Uber back to the hotel.

My key still worked, considering I had to call the front desk after I woke up after my accident and explain what happened. They told me I could get my stuff and check out without any fees.

The ride was only about ten minutes, giving me enough time to text Sash for a bit.

Me:
Hey, pretty girl.
Call me as soon as you're out of work? :)

She answers immediately.

Sash<3:
Hi hi!
Yes, okay, I will. :)
Gonna try to sneak out a few minutes early because it's so dead in here today but Im kinda scared of Ackerman.

I smile to myself, shaking my head slightly at her message.

Me:
Why are you scared of your boss?