48 - Sun-kissed

A/N: Hi!!

So sorry for the long wait for this chapter! Here's an EXTRA long chapter to make up for it!!

I'm now going to bed!!

Thank you for all the support!

- J <3
____________________________________
Sashas POV:

"Sasha!"

I wince at Mikasa's loud yell, exiting the passenger's side to meet the cool breeze of the early morning. Mikasa was on the white wrap-around porch of the huge beach house, leaning over the white railing as she saw me. The house behind her was huge, no doubt. Eren and Armin's family kept this place together and rented it out to their kids and others as a vacation spot, and rightfully so because the place was beautiful. The wood on the outside was also white with multiple beach-themed decorations such as seashell windchimes, rustic wooden signs, and more.

"Mikasa, I hate to burst your excitement bubble but it's currently four-thirty in the morning," I yawn, stepping up a few stairs to embrace her in a hug. The cold breeze hit my skin, contrasting with the warmth of Mikasa's body as we wrapped our arms around each other. From the porch, I could hear the unsteady rhythms of the waves as they crashed onto the surface along with the squawking of birds that inhabited the beach.

"You look tired," She laughs into me, causing me to roll my eyes at her.

"You made me wake up at three in the morning, of course, I'm tired."

Truth be told, neither Nic nor I slept too much last night. After we ate and packed, we ended up talking for hours about what he called "our new life together". I was all for the idea and we talked about our new routines and how we'd be now that we were living together. The concept was still so crazy to me, and I still couldn't believe that I had agreed to it.

In terms of how our first night went together, I'd say it went perfectly. I think we're going to blend quite well.

"How is lover boy doing?" She pulls back, resting her hands on my shoulders. Her hair was slightly messy with some black strands going in multiple directions and she was still in her pajamas which consisted of grey sweatpants and a lavender-colored crop top. Even from the lack of sunlight, I could see the menacing smile creep onto her face.

"He's..." I pause, looking back at the car to see where he had even gone.

"Tired, but good," I feel two hands snake around my waist, feeling the familiarity of only one person. He places his chin on my shoulder, relaxing onto me as we stood there.

"Hello, Niccolo," Mikasa crosses her arms in front of her, squinting her eyes at him as we stood there.

"Be nice, Mikasa. You scared him enough last night," I sigh, tilting my head on top of Nic's. He exhales an amused breath before straightening himself beside me.

"Hello, Mikasa."

I look up at him from my right, seeing that he too had to be exhausted. Truth be told, neither of us probably slept until closer to two or three. He insisted that he drove even though I insisted that I should drive because I'd been here before. However, he ended up beating me to the keys this morning and held the keys over my head to tease me about it.

Stubborn man if I ever knew one.

"She told me to be nice, so I guess I have to be nice to you," Mikasa snatches me, pulling me to her side as her arms wrapped around my shoulders. "However, if I see one thing that I don't like then I will be mean, got it?"

I groaned into her, resulting in laughs that filled the patio at this strange hour.

I just want to go back to bed...