18 - Eclipse

AN: Spot the AOT joke/reference in this chapter, that's all I'll say. (it wasn't intentional and I didn't even notice until I reread the (hint hint) paragraph and was like OH?!?!?!?)

Like okay, my brain is a genius!!

Anyways enjoy the chapter lovies <3

Votes and Comments are appreciated!!

- J

_______________________________

Sashas POV:

"Annie, how the fuck did you do that!?"

Erens voice could be heard from the entire skate park as he yelled at Annie. He was once again getting shown up by her, which would be embarrassing if anyone else besides the group from before were here.

"Jeez, he's so loud. We're going to get in trouble." Mikasa rolls her eyes, getting up from beside me to walk over to her loud-mouthed boyfriend.

Armin and I were sitting next to one another, both sketching in our own sketchbooks as Eren and Annie continued skating.

It was pitch black outside, the only light coming from tall streetlamps that lined the park. I guess we kind of made this our spot as no one was ever here whenever we came...which was now usually during society's sleeping hours.

These hours belonged to us. Time only existed during the night because we were still awake. I guess society should be thanking us for spending all this time up and out, it made sure that time didn't magically disappear while they were sleeping.

"What are you sketching?" I look over at Armin, watching him as he focused intently on his sketchbook.

"Annie, of course." He smiles to himself, glancing up to look at her while she watched Eren fail at whatever trick she had just done. She had her board standing straight up on the concrete, the upside in her hand. Armin snapped a picture of her, looking over at me afterward.

"Something to sketch on a rainy day..." He blushed, placing his phone back down to continue working.

"No need to justify it, it's cute." I shrug, doing the same.

As much as I wished I was sketching something as romantic as that, I wasn't. I was stuck and uninspired, resulting in me sketching some random vending machine in the corner of the skate park.

It was run down, the once vibrant colors now faded as the surviving lights inside glowed dimly. It was mostly empty, however, the only remaining contents being stuck water bottles and pierced bags of chips. It was sad and pathetic, as useless as a white crayon on white paper.

"So, about my offer..." Armin puts his pencil down, looking over at me.

"What offer?"

"The art classes," He smiles, "they start in a few weeks. I was wondering if you were seriously considering them."

I was. I was more than considering them. The idea had floated around my head the past few weeks like a fly buzzing in my ear.

"Yeah," I sigh, "the only issue is that I'm worried about time management."

I lied. There was way more than that issue. I feared I wasn't good enough. I feared I wouldn't be likable to others. I feared that my anxiety would prevent me from going in general.

Armin nods, looking up momentarily to think.

"There are only classes a few times a week, and you can choose to either go to the morning or night classes." He starts, "They're the same classes, just different teachers. But if I were you, I'd pick the morning classes because the morning teacher is incredible. Professor Hange is a fan favorite amongst all the art students."