35 - Lose You To Your Own Head

AN: I apologize for how long this chapter took to come out!! I just got settled in a new state for college and I haven't been able to write much! College officially starts for me
tomorrow, and I am SO nervous but also so excited!

But, I'm so excited to continue to write this fic for you guys! You all are so amazing, I love you all so much.

Enjoy this chapter! <3

- J <3
____________________________________

Niccolos POV:

Twenty-three days gone.

Day twenty-four was just like any normal day.

A normal day: I would get up in the morning, try to text Sash, probably get dry replies, go to class, and come back.

Don't get me wrong, the classes are fun. I love getting to show off a bit, but I miss my own life.

I've gotten used to seeing Sash constantly and her being over so much that it feels like she lives with me, so being alone for days on end with no one here is strange. Lonely. That's what it was, it was loneliness all over again. I miss having someone to talk to, and someone to share the space with. I miss waiting in anticipation for someone to walk through the door and take me away from loneliness and boredom.

I missed familiarity. She is my familiarity.

Me:
Hey, I miss you.
Would love to talk soon.

It was early for me, 5am to be exact, I knew she would be up by now unless she was sleeping in.

Sash<3:
Hey.
Would talk but I'm at work.

I frown, taking a deep breath as I get up from my bed.

It's so frustrating. I'm trying so hard not to be frustrated. I want her to come back to me. I miss how we were before we left, the moments before I told her goodbye for these thirty-five days.

It makes no sense, what is happening to us? She said it herself, distance and time couldn't compete with what we have.

It might be time to fight back a little. I don't want to lose her over some trip.

Me:
Still not talking to me?

Sash<3:
Is talking not what I'm doing right now?
Do you want me to get fired?

I bite the inside of my cheek, already growing slightly frustrated.

You never had a problem with texting me at work. Don't even go there.

No, obviously I didn't want her to get fired. I want to talk to her though. Communication would be nice.

Me:
No, but I've been gone for over 3 weeks and we've barely spoken.
I miss you and want to talk to you but I feel like you're not yourself right now.
Are you okay?
If something is going on, I won't pry, but god damn I miss you.

If I was willing to be honest, I would've told her that I love her. However, the last thing I want to do is freak her out if something is happening back at home.

Sash<3:
I've been busy, and so have you.
And I keep telling you that I'm fine, what is the issue here?

What?

I walk out of the room and into the kitchen, starting to try to prepare something for breakfast. Even though I was finally getting more than three words out of her, I needed to also get ready for the day.