25 - Where Are You?

AN: I'm so sorry.

- J

________________________________________

Sashas POV:

I wake up to Nic's warm body next to me, combing through some of my hair with his fingers. He still had his other arm wrapped around me, his hand resting on my torso as I was cuddled into his shoulder. The room was dark and quiet as I lay on his chest, savoring the moment before letting him know I was awake. I could stay here forever. His soft breaths were audible due to the quietness of the room.

I detach my head from his shoulder, propping myself up beside him. He looked at me as I shifted, now noticing that I was awake.

"Good morning, pretty girl." He pulls me back down to him, enveloping me in his arms once again.

"Good morning." I rub my eyes, looking up at him as I spoke. "What time is it?"

I glance up to the small window behind his bed. The moon was still out, no light illuminating the sky whatsoever. The stars were sparkling lightly, creating small dots against the navy sheet. It was either very early in the morning or the middle of the night still.

"Going on four." His voice was slightly groggy, probably from waking up a while ago. "I woke up a few minutes ago."

"Gosh, it's early." I fall back onto his shoulder, "What are you doing awake?"

"Not sure, I just woke up." He shrugs.

I couldn't see much of him due to the lack of light in the room. A small outline of his head was barely noticeable, so I just followed the sound of his voice as we spoke.

"Weird that we both woke up, if you ask me." I nod, yawning as I relaxed into his embrace. His arms were wrapped tightly around my torso now, pulling me closer to him. His grip on me was strong, easily moving me as close as we could be.

"I think the universe is trying to tell us something." His voice was in my ear, causing me to tilt my head in the direction of his voice. I could feel his face above mine, our noses pretty much touching.

"Tell us something?" I ask softly.

"That we should just stay here, you know? Enjoy the time before you go."

I nod, agreeing with him. We continue to lay with one another for a bit, enjoying the closeness with one another. We talked about random things, allowing each random conversation to bring us to new conversations. I never felt closer to him. I feel like I'm finally starting to finish this puzzle I've been working on about him. Pieces were coming together; a picture was finally making sense.

I could see his features now, due to my eyes adjusting to the darkness. His blonde waves were messy, his part uneven as strands were flipped over one another. His eyes were tired, slightly squinting as he fought back sleep. The paleness of his face was slightly more flushed than usual, making him look pale. He wasn't that tan to begin with, but he almost looked porcelain.

"What time am I losing you?" His eyes meet mine. His sleepy eyes stared into mine, locking me from looking at anything else. I couldn't see his eyes directly, but I could only imagine what they looked like right now. I was hypnotized under his gaze.

"Not sure," I lie on my back, stretching my arms over my head.

"You could always stay again..." He props his torso over me. His hands find their way to both sides of my face, tilting my head up to look at him.

I hold back a soft smile, pulling my eyes up to meet his. His thumbs ran up and down my skin softly, trailing my cheeks.

The little things. The care. The gentleness of his touch. It sent my heart soaring, nearly bursting like a firework in the night sky. It was something I never knew that I would learn to love. I never knew I'd learn to enjoy someone touching me in a romantic setting. Romantic intimacy often made me uncomfortable, but it was different with him.