56 - Pictures of Real Dinosaurs

A/N: HELLO!! It's been over a month since I've updated and I AM SO SORRY!! Writers block hit me like a truck...

However...enjoy this very long 7k word chapter that I will not promise a happy ending to.........enjoy!!! <3 (I feel bad for the futures of my readers...)

- J <3
_____________________________________
Sashas POV:

"God damnit!"

Mikasa barges into what we call the "breakdown room", which was only an old, abandoned computer room for children before all the computers became too expensive to keep up with which forced us to sell the old computers and maintain the ones in the adult area of the library. Old, green carpet lined the room and met four blank, cream walls.

I jump from my seat, slamming my knee into the underside of the dark, oak desk I sat at. It stung, even from being cushioned from the bagginess of the dark wash jeans I wore.

"Are you-?" I start, getting cut off by her continuing to yell.

"I thought I got away from stupid people when I quit working retail!" She paces the room, making sure the door behind her was closed as she continued her tantrum. She ran her hands through her short hair, tugging at the ends that sat on her shoulders as she walked back and forth from wall to wall.

The room had no windows or anything to see out of unless the door was opened, so it was a safe place for anyone to cry or have a tantrum much like this. I've done it plenty of times when I was having a stressful day and have even had a few panic attacks in here. No one comes in here either because of the big "DO NOT ENTER!" sign on the door.

Levi wasn't aware of Mikasa and I using this room as a breakdown room, but it served as a good place where we could get away with anything and not be caught. I often went there on my breaks as I knew if I left the building I just wouldn't come back.

Tears formed in her eyes as she pulled her hoodie over her head, pulling the drawstring to hide her face as she plopped down into a rolling chair in front of me.

"Are we ready to talk about it?" I lean forward, inching toward her as she let out a large exhale.

"I just got yelled at because we didn't have any books for children with pictures of real dinosaurs in it," The words come out of her mouth slowly, each one stretching as she exhaled a sarcastic laugh, "A book...with real dinosaurs..."

I furrow my brows, freezing in place as she pulls her hood down and rubs her hands over her face. Her face sparkled with a line of tears as she looked up at the ceiling.

"There are no pictures of real dinosaurs..." I mumble, watching as she let another tear fall from her eyes, "They're all drawn..."

"Exactly," She sniffs, wiping her face with her hoodie sleeve, "However when I told her that she somehow thought that calling me incompetent and telling me that I was going to ruin her son's project on dinosaurs was the perfect response."

A few tears fell from her eyes, causing my heart to break for her.

"I'm sorry, Mikasa," I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into me as she continued to sob into my shoulder. Her cries jolted through her entire torso as she melted into me.

Her sobs shook the room, causing my heart to shatter more as each one escaped her lips. It's not like Mikasa to be so emotional, so something else has to be wrong. She'd normally never be this upset over such a small interaction, so there was definitely something going on.

Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

"It's okay," I rub her back, placing my chin on her shoulder, "Is everything okay? It's not like you to be so upset over someone, much less an incompetent person."