60 - Lost Time

AN: Hello everyone!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the amount of support on this fic! I genuinely thought that this fic would go absolutely nowhere and now I'm at the top of the sasha and niccolo tags and a few others as well some days. I can't express how grateful I am and how motivated you guys keep me to write and whatnot. I love you all so much!

While I'm here, I'd love to self promote and promote my newer fic called Fools Gold, which is a Jean x OC I've created! It's a band AU that have all of your favs from this fic as well (yes, including nic and sasha together) and I'd love if everyone took the time to read that one as well because I've worked so hard already on what I have done so far! :)

Again, thank you all for your continued support and love! Every vote, comment, and add to reading lists always puts a smile on my face!

Enjoy!
This is a big chapter for plot :)

- J <3
______________________________
Sashas POV:

A loud banging startles me awake, nearly making me shoot up if it weren't for Nics arms around my waist. He also shoots up beside me suddenly, emitting a small groan. 

"What the hell is going on?" His voice was groggy, nearly nonexistent and audible even from inches away from me, "Are you okay?"

I rub my eyes slowly, looking out toward the direction of the sound. From the sound of it, it had to be someone banging on the front door. 

"You didn't hear the banging sound?" I look over to him, seeing his shadow look toward the direction of the sound, "It was loud to me..."

"No," He shakes his head, "I woke up because I felt you move suddenly. Who would be here at this hour?" 

He's right. It is early, so early in fact that the sun hadn't polluted the night sky with its bright, warm rays. The room was dark, nearly pitch black if my eyes hadn't started to adjust to it. We couldn't have gone to bed not that long ago, I presume. 

"I don't know..." I trail, sitting up slightly, "I swore I heard something though..."

"Maybe you dreamt it?" Nic rubs his hand up and down my arm, his soft eyes meeting mine, "I mean, you're shaking a little bit so maybe you got startled by something in your dream?" 

I hadn't had time to notice how heavy my heart felt in my chest. It raced slightly, but not enough for me to be concerned or anything. He might be right, especially if he didn't also hear it from right beside me. 

I could've sworn I heard something though...plus I can't even remember what I dreamt about so I'm not sure.

"Yeah," I nod, yawning suddenly, "You might be right. Sorry for waking you up this early."

"You don't need to apologize, Sash," Nic sits up slightly beside me, giving my arm a small tug, "Come here."

His voice was so gentle and inviting, enveloping me in a safety blanket immediately. The outline of his features and warmness of his touch were something I've missed so much, and having it back again was nothing more than perfect. The familiarity of him was once again back, and I couldn't help but be slightly giddy over it. 

I give in immediately, allowing him to pull me into his chest. His arms wrap around my shoulders tight, getting one hand getting tangled in the sleepy tangles of my hair. 

"Just try to go back to sleep, okay?" He drops his head to rest on top of mine. 

I missed being this close to him. I missed us being okay and feeling like everything was going to be alright. I could live in this moment forever with our tangled limbs and knowing that we are both open with each other and safe.