13 - Keeping You Around

AN: (PLEASE READ)

Hey lovies, since this fic is starting to go somewhere with a bigger audience and more readers, I want to emphasize something about this fic.

I'm not writing most of the characters in AOT in a canon way. That's why you're seeing Sasha suffer with anxiety, that's why you see Jean and Connie acting the way they are, etc.

Of course, I'm trying to keep the characters somewhat of the same way as they would act in the actual AOT universe, but I'm also writing them a LITTLE differently for the sake of my plot.

This was originally going to be an AOT x Y/N fic but decided to go with Sasha and Niccolo instead because I couldn't find any other Sasha x Niccolo fic at the time I'm writing this fic and because Sasha and Niccolo are one of my favorite AOT couples. Sasha struggling with anxiety isn't necessarily canon in the manga/show, but I'm making her that way as a self-projection of how I struggle with living with anxiety and understanding feelings, and I hope this maybe helps a few others feel seen because I've never read a fic where a character genuinely feels the same way I do.

But anyways, I'm sorry that was so long but I wanted that to be said before I saw any "this character wouldn't do ____." comments.

As always, comments and votes are appreciated! Without further ado, here's chapter 13.

__________________________________

Sasha's POV:

The rest of the night was spent with Mikasa and me relaxing and enjoying ourselves, with the multiple interruptions from Eren, of course. He was begging to come home for hours as he stayed with Armin and Annie.

"Good morning!" Mikasa walks out of her bedroom, greeting me with a soft smile as she stretched her arms over her head. "Have you been up long?"

"Only a few minutes." I yawn, "I came out here to start some coffee for us."

I tilt my head, gesturing towards the coffee machine on the kitchen counter. The coffee machine was heating the water currently, the soft noises of the boiling filling the room. 

"Aw, thanks Sash." She walks over, embracing me. Her hug was warm, like the feeling of warm towels after taking them out of the dryer. I could easily stay like this all day; she was so comforting to be around.  

"Of course," I smile, "do you work today?" 

"Yeah, by myself too." She softly groans, walking over to the coffee pot. She starts brewing the coffee, the dark liquid dripping into the glass. 

"That sucks, I'm sorry." 

"Don't be, it's a quick shift." She chuckles. "Only thing is, it's an early one so I'll have to leave within the hour." 

"Yeah, I'll be out of your hair by then." I get up, pouring myself some coffee.

"Don't rush, I know you're not too excited to go back home." She adds ice to both of our glasses, pulling out creamer. 

"Yeah," I add creamer to my glass, stirring it until the color was even. "I might go see you know who, though. He said he wanted to see me today and I feel like I'd have a better time seeing him than my roommates." 

I take a sip of coffee, the sweetness of the smell surrounding me as the liquid hits my tongue. I preferred my coffee to taste like coffee with a little bit of sweetness. I always thought coffee with too much sugar just defeated the whole point of coffee. 

"Aw, I think you should! Have you texted him at all today?" 

"No," I put my lips into a line, "well, actually he texted me an hour ago asking if I was still coming over."