19 - A Friend Who Teaches You

AN: I want to apologize for the lateness of this chapter. I was hit with a tad bit of writer's block and exhaustion and took some time to relax before writing and publishing this chapter. This chapter is also a little shorter but I mostly wanted to introduce more characters in this chapter.

Marco and Hange stans...this chapter is for you <3

- J
_______________________
Sashas POV:

"Are you nervous?" Niccolo's voice comes from my phone.

"A little, but I'll have my friend there with me." I shrug, putting him on speakerphone as I turn on my ignition.

It was my first day of art school, and as excited as I was to be finally pursuing art again...I was insanely nervous. The nerves kept me up all night, so I was running on nothing but anxiety and coffee. It was a matter of time until the coffee wore off and the nerves would be left to keep me functioning by itself. I felt like I was sitting in a sauna with how anxious I was.

I start to fan myself, trying not to sweat before I got there. It didn't help that I was wearing an oversized navy sweatshirt with a white turtleneck underneath it. At least I decided to wear a shorter pencil skirt and tights. I wouldn't completely overheat in that.

"You're going to kill it, Sash. I want to hear all about it when you're done."

"Thank you! I'll call you after." I smile as I pull out of my driveway.

Things between the two of us had been going great. My anxiety around him was starting to dwindle down to nothing. I was beyond happy to admit that I was starting to become much more comfortable around him. Not to mention my time management has been much better since our phone conversation a week ago.

I had made it over to see him a couple of times, mostly to watch him as he finished work from home. It was becoming our thing. I'd go over to his place after I got off work and talk to him. It was my favorite thing to do now. Just watching him.

"Or..." He trails off.

"Or...?"

"Do I need to spell it out for you, pretty girl?" He teases.

"I don't know, Blondie." I chuckle, "I don't know what you're suggesting."

I was lying, of course, I knew what he was suggesting. I loved teasing him.

So... yes. Spell it out for me.

"Come see me, I miss you." He groans.

"Hm, don't know. I've seen you three days in a row now. Aren't you bored of me?" I try to keep a straight face, holding back laughter as I messed with him.

"Absolutely not, I'm bored without you."

"What would you do without me, Blondie?" I dramatically sigh, shaking my head.

"Have no one to see later." He retorts.

I squint my eyes, knowing I had kind of played those cards myself here. He was too smooth, always having the right thing to say at the right time.

Stupid boy.

I exhale, rolling my eyes as I admitted defeat.

"Fine, you win," I muttered.

"I didn't hear you, pretty girl. Speak up." He jokes, a hint of amusement in his voice as he realized that he'd won.

"You heard me." I groan.

"I don't think so actually."

"Whatever, I'll see you later." I roll my eyes, unable to keep a straight face as I laughed.