58 - Don't Water the Flowers...

AN: Wow. It's been some time. I've missed you guys so much! <3

Enjoy this very long chapter that may or may not have a *reference* in it. Hehe.

- J <3
_____________________________________

Sashas POV:

I couldn't find the courage to bring things up for the next few days. He ended up coming back one day suddenly, but few words had been exchanged mostly because the house had turned into a place where I only inhabit at the end of the day. 

It was painfully awkward randomly bumping into him in a room. Being there for too long would make me feel as if the walls were closing in on us, forcing proximity that I didn't want right now. It was suffocating, to say the least. I couldn't be in a space long without feeling as if my skin was crawling. 

The past few days, however, I've been able to avoid him in the majority because of the way our schedules aligned. I would get up and maneuver when he was either asleep or gone, and it saved me a lot of unnecessary tension. 

However, we both are up right now. 

Both of us are in the kitchen right now, and it's painfully awkward. 

I should've trusted my gut when I told myself to get up a few minutes earlier so I could get out before him, but I didn't. 

I'm running late anyways, so my rushing won't look too out of place for me. I hate being late to Hange's class. I know Hange waits for me in the morning, and it's overall a great start to my day when I get to talk to them. They always have something inspirational to say and it always brightens any sour day I might be having.

All I needed now was to get my coffee done and made within ten minutes so I could get out and potentially make it on time...

We were on opposite sides of the kitchen as silence filled the gaps between us. I didn't look over at him once, only eyeing him at some moments to make sure that we weren't going to end up in the same place and end up having to interact in some way. It seemed like he was doing the same thing as me, maneuvering to prevent us from colliding in any way possible if it could be helped.

From what I could see right now, he was dressed in sweats, which probably meant that he had an early shift at work and would be there for a while. He was either making his coffee right now or trying to gather his stuff for the day. 

I wasn't going to officially look, so I honestly don't know which one it'll be.

The sun hadn't even risen, so it was considerably dark in the house. It was eerie as the corners of the room felt sinister and unwelcoming. It makes sense for right now. Everything was so tense. I couldn't tell exactly, but it felt as if he was carefully watching me as well. 

He must feel the tension too. I know he does. However, it's not something I can afford to get into with him right now. I'm not going to start my day by arguing with a brick wall.

I grab a travel cup from an overhead counter, being careful not to make much noise. The last thing I want right now is to give Nic any reason to look over. I couldn't take any kind of eye contact right now. It would send me to tears. 

I quickly grab the cold brew from the fridge before adding about a half cup of ice to the cup. I pour the cold brew in after, filling it about three-quarters of the way before placing it back in the fridge. 

Now all I need is some creamer and...

"We're out of sugar," Nic was right behind me now, passing by to grab water from the fridge, "Sorry, I should've said something earlier."