11 - Show Us What You Got

AN: Okay, I know. The last chapter was not very nice of me, I'm sorry.

Here's something a little more lighthearted. <3

Make sure to comment and vote!! :)

- J

______________________

Sashas POV:

A skate park? 

I glance down at my phone, raising my eyebrows at the text from Mikasa. 

I wasn't sure what business someone like Mikasa would have at a skate park. Her aesthetic didn't necessarily scream "I know how to skate", but I guess people can shock you in ways like that. It could possibly be somewhere for Eren to show off, but I also didn't know how many other people were coming, and how they would stay entertained either. 

I look at myself in the mirror, evaluating if my outfit of choice would help me blend into the skate park. I observed myself from all angles, looking at the light wash high-waisted boyfriend jeans, black spaghetti strap crop top, beige long-sleeved button-up, and platform black converse. I ran my hands through my hair, deciding not to do much with it. 

I decided to go with it, eager to get out of the house. I still had no clue when to expect with Mikasa, or how many people to expect to meet today. 

I was anxious, overthinking everything about myself as I realized that I'd be meeting new people today. First impressions weren't everything to me. I knew that looks could be deceiving and people reflect on the experiences they've been through and the things they enjoy. But I couldn't help wanting to make a good impression on them, hoping my number of friends by the end of the night increased.

This was a side goal in my ultimate guide to freedom. 

Friendship. 

I pull my phone out, confirming with Mikasa that I'd be there shortly. I glance one more time in the mirror before grabbing the bag I packed and speeding out of the house. 

___________________  

I arrive at the skate park, walking through the mostly deserted concrete lot. There was a small group of people on the left, one looking like Mikasa. I head over there, Mikasa turning around once she heard my footsteps. 

"You're here!" Mikasa gets up, abandoning the blonde boy on her left. 

She runs over, nearly making me fall over as she embraces me. Her hugs always felt like the softest blankets. She was warm, contrasting with the chilly temperature of the night. As the breeze worked against us, her scent of cherry blossoms and vanilla swirled around me.

"Of course, I had to get out of my house." I chuckle, pulling back from her embrace. 

She was beautiful, her pale skin contrasting her cheeks that were slightly red from the cold breeze. She had on black mom jeans, purple high-top converse, and an oversized black sweatshirt, which I could only assume was Eren's as it practically swallowed her whole. Her hair was down, sitting just above her shoulder as she allowed her hair to grow out from a pixie cut that she used to have. 

"Yes, absolutely! I have no clue how you even stay there now."  She grabs my hand, pulling me over to the other people in the group. 

There were three other people with us tonight, two boys and a girl. 

Eren, Mikasa's boyfriend, was skating back and forth through a large dip in the ground that resembled a pool. He had dark brown hair that was pulled back into a man bun. His green eyes sparkled after each time he flew on his board. He was wearing a short-sleeved black shirt and black cargo pants with black low-top vans.