Chapter One: Darcey's life on Destiny Islands (1)

When Darcey was four years old, she encounters Terra and Aqua, two Keyblade wielders, on separate occasions. She never speaks with Terra, but they see each other from a distance. Terra shows no interest in her because he is unable to sense her potential, and is instead drawn to Amanda. When Aqua meets Darcey and Amanda, she senses that their friendship parallels that of Ventus and Terra, and she tells Darcey to protect Amanda if she ever falls into darkness. Darcey, despite her confusion, agrees. Later on, Darcey and Amanda rest on a beach. When they prepare to go home, Darcey suddenly feels sad due to having sensed Ventus's pain from their previous encounter. Amanda tells her that maybe someone in another world is in pain and encourages him to reach out with his heart. Darcey successfully calls to Ventus, whose heart has been lost after the destruction of Vanites and the X-Blade. Ven's heart makes its way to Darcey's Station in the Dive to the Heart, and Ven asks if it can stay with Darcey while he sleeps. Darcey, wanting to make Ven better, happily accepts, and Ven's heart merges with her. Sometime later, a young boy named Raiden arrives at the Destiny Islands from another world during a nighttime meteor shower. Not long after that night, Darcey and Amanda explore a small, hidden cave on their islands, in search of a "howling monster". They are disappointed to find only a featureless door in the "Secret Place", and they decide to someday leave the island and have real adventures. As they leave, they decide to go see "the new boy", and Amanda, unbeknownst to Darcey, looks back at the door to see the Keyhole of the Destiny Islands. Darcey and Amanda befriend Raiden, and the three of them quickly become inseparable as they play together on the islands. Darcey and Raiden draw pictures of themselves in the secret Place.

During the next several years, they often wonder about what lies beyond their small world, prompted by the mystery of Raiden's forgotten home. Darcey continued to grow up as an ordinary girl living on Destiny Islands with her two best friends (Amanda and Raiden) and her mother. For years, she and her friends had the same dream, seeing and exploring new worlds outside their own. But yet, she wants to get her family back together. When she was five, her father left to deal with the threat that was affecting the worlds (but it was technically protecting her from the First Order and Kylo Ren). Then her older brother left to find their father, but after failing to find him he was recruited resistance run by her aunt. He was assigned to a team called "Team Fireball" on Castilion. Before that he joined forces with Iron Man and Thor, he became allies with them and SHIELD, therefore saving their worlds with them. So it was just her and her mother for the next nine years. When she turned 14 (tan skin, chocolate with light highlights hair, hazel eyes. 3/4 length jumpsuit light blue, 3/4 hoodie greyish and white, brown belt,  pink black tie scarf,  white mixed with teal fingerless gloves and black trainers,  charm bracelet), she and her friends built a raft to start their adventure by leaving their home on the Destiny Islands to explore new worlds. She was worried that her mother would stop her, but to her surprise, she was supporting her decision. Reminding her that her father wanted to see other worlds, but his uncle refused to let him go. Still sour about his absence, her mother reminded her that her father has always loved her, despite trying to protect the multiverse from threats.

One day, while she, Raiden (Scrawny boy, handsome, short auburn hair, Mixed grey shade shirt, summer striped cardigan, black summer trousers, black and white trainers, his father's dog tags, grandfather's watch.) and Amanda (Slim, Brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin. Light orange top, dark denim jeans and white sneakers, pendant necklace of her friends and family.) were preparing a raft she was taking a break by taking a nap, she was trapped in a dream known as 'Dive Into The Heart'. In her dream, she falls from the sky into the sea below with her eyes closed and slowly descends onto the ground with an abyss surrounding her. As she steps into the ground, the darkness below her feet starts to transform into birds and fly away, showing a radiant light that slowly forms into a circle. Each of the Stations in his later Dive to the Heart illustrates one or more of the Royals of Heart, as well as the characters related to them. The four that are clearly depicted are asleep, perhaps signifying their comatose state in Hollow Bastion. (Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Belle). The first pillar, shaded green, depicts Snow White, the Seven Dwarfs, the forest animals, and The Evil Queen in her hag form. While Snow White is asleep, all the other characters are depicted as awake. The second pillar, shaded violet, depicts a sleeping Cinderella, the castle, one of the mice-turned horses, the pumpkin chariot, silhouettes of her and the prince dancing together, and the glass slipper. The third pillar shaded pink and one in shaded dark red depicts two princess silhouettes and one prince silhouette, representing the three free Royals of Heart, Alice, Jasmine, and Raiden. The fourth pillar, shaded red, depicts a sleeping Aurora holding a rose, surrounded by thorns and silhouettes of Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, and the silhouette Maleficent makes when vanishing into the green fire. This Station is named Awakening. The final pillar shaded yellow, depicts Belle, the Beast, his servants and the rose with its petals at the bottom. On the first pillar, Darcey is asked to walk and then is shown three weapons, which influence her path: the Dream Sword (path of Warrior), the Dream Shield (path of Guardian), and the Dream Rod (path of Mystic). She is directed to choose one and discard another, and her choice determines her speciality, initial stats, and ability growth throughout the journey. After choosing, the Station shatters and Darcey falls to the second pillar, where he first encounters Shadows, and is taught about battling and its rewards. The Station then sinks into darkness, and Darcey awakens on the third pillar, where she is taught how to examine and interact with objects. By opening a treasure chest, moving a crate, and destroying a barrel, he materialises a door that leads to a dream version of Destiny Islands, where Darcey meets facsimiles of her friends, Eddie (a kind boy who has brown spikey hair, blue eyes and wears light summer clothes), Ivo (an intelligent boy who has a photographic memory and fights for the environment, blond hair and brown eyes and sports clothes) and Rebecca (an artistic and musical girl who loves to protect her best friends and playing pranks on them, brown hair and brown eyes painted coloured clothes), which ask her enigmatic questions that determine how she gains experience throughout her upcoming journey. On the fourth pillar, Darcey is again attacked by Shadows, but after defeating them the first healing spot is revealed, as well as floating steps to the final pillar. However, the steps vanish as she climbs them, trapping her on the fifth pillar. As she approaches a strange light, her shadow grows and becomes her Darkside; though she fights it, its darkness swallows her, and she reawakens on the Destiny Islands.