Heading Home Pt. 2

(This is true about NYC, it takes forever to get in and out of the city. Did it a couple times and don't want to do it again.) 

Getting out of New York City turned out to be easier said than done. Even though it was mid day, there was still a considerable amount of traffic. Isadora hid a giggle as she listened to Klaus grumble about humans for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

"Sure laugh it up," Klaus said while playfully glaring at her.

"Who set you to extra grumbly today?"

"Oh ha ha."

The pair lapsed into a comfortable silence, the soft music from the radio filling the cab of the car. It took them almost two hours because of traffic, but they had finally reached the edge of the city.

"Are you hungry at all?" Klaus asked once they were completely clear of the city.

"I could go for something to eat. There's a turn off coming up too," Isadora answered.

"There was a diner on the sign."

"Can give it a go. They usually have good milkshakes."

Klaus shook his head, laughing lightly. "You and your sweet tooth."

The two were soon parked in front of a 50's style diner. Klaus quickly got out of his side of the car and made his way over to Isadora's. He opened her door and helped her out before leading the way inside. They were greeted with soft 50's music playing and blue and white booths.

"Hello! How many today?" A waitress in a red and white striped dress greeted them.

Isadora smiled back at the waitress. "Just two."

"Right this way," the woman said, bringing them to a window seat booth. "Your waitress Hazel will be with you in a moment. Here's your menus."

Klaus and Isadora opened their themed menus and began to look over what the diner offered. It didn't take them long to decide what they wanted to eat and drink.

"Hello, I'm Hazel. I'll be your waitress today. What can I get y'all to drink?" A girl in her mid 20's wearing the same l red and white uniform as the other girl asked.