Rebekah's Gift

Damon and Klaus looked down at the girl to find her peacefully asleep and glanced at each other. They knew they both needed to hunt. Just needed to figure out who was doing what as neither wanted Isadora to be alone.

Elijah sighed at them, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. "Niklaus go hunt, don't leave a trail this time. We can't afford a mess here. Damon take Isadora to bed and when Niklaus comes back you two switch."

The pair looked at each other again, nodded, and headed off. Damon made sure that he had a secure hold on Isadora before taking her to the room he was given. It was weird for him to be getting along with Klaus, but it was clear they both felt something for Isadora. Neither was quite sure what that something was at the moment, but they weren't about to let it slip out of their grasp. He took her into his room and slipped her shoes off before realizing how uncomfortable she would be sleeping in jeans.

Damon poked his head into the main room, eyes searching for a familiar blonde head. "Rebekah!" He called once he spotted her.

Her head snapped his way and she headed over. "Yes, Damon?"

"Can you change Isadora's clothes? She fell asleep earlier and I don't think she'll be comfortable in her current clothing."

Rebekah hid a smirk. This was her chance to see what Damon and Klaus felt. "Sure. I'll get some comfy clothes and be right over. Which room is she in?"

 Which room is she in?"

"Mine."

The blonde vampire nodded and sped off. She grabbed a deep red night dress that was lacey and sheer in most places with solid fabric to cover the needed parts for a bit of modesty so nothing would be on show. Rebekah was careful to hide it from Damon's eyes as she sped into the room where Isadora was. She made quick work of changing the girl before pulling the covers over her. Rebekah made sure her face was neutral before she left the room. Damon watched her go before heading into the room and closing the door behind him. Since he was going to be hunting later, he decided to just slip off his jeans, jacket, and shoes before crawling into bed next to Isadora. His brow furrowed when he felt a soft material brush against his skin as he drew the small girl closer to him. Damon lifted the blanket a little and mentally cursed Rebekah.

"Screw you too Rebekah," he said just loud enough for the vampire to hear as he was sure she was listening.

He tried to push the sudden rush of thoughts out of his mind as he did need some sleep. Isadora snuggled in closer and buried her face in his neck. Damon fought off a groan and allowed himself to drift off to sleep. He would figure out later what he was feeling. After what seemed like mere minutes, Damon could feel himself being shaken awake. He cracked an eye open to see Klaus had returned. Glancing at the clock and seeing it was nearly one in the morning, Damon began to untangle Isadora from himself. He was careful to make sure that Isadora stayed covered, feeling Rebekah's surprise earlier was meant for Klaus as well.

"Good luck," Damon said with a smirk before heading out.

Klaus raised a brow as he removed his shoes and jeans. Feeling an unexpected fabric against his skin as he slipped into bed, Klaus moved the blanket to see what it was. He let out a small groan as he replaced the blanket, making sure Isadora was covered. Based on Damon's actions, it must have been a surprise to him as well. Klaus thought about it and found the only one bold enough to do such a thing was Rebekah. His dear sister was testing them. Klaus' mind drifted to what he was feeling inside, what Isadora made him feel. He could only guess Damon felt it as well. As he drifted off, he wondered what this feeling was.