Sibling Bonding

"Are you alright Elijah?" A familiar voice asked.

His head snapped around to see Rebekah staring at him. "I am, yes. Just couldn't sleep."

She looked a bit unsure of his answer but dropped it. "If you say so."

They lapsed into silence while Rebekah made coffee for herself and a cup of tea for Elijah. After giving Elijah his cup, Rebekah sat down on a nearby chair and turned the TV on to a random early-morning cartoon station. After a half hour of sitting there, Isadora came into the room and curled next to Elijah, putting her head in his lap.

"Morning Beks," she greeted while Elijah ran a hand through her hair.

"You're up early today," Rebekah commented.

Isadora groaned a bit. "Just couldn't sleep anymore."

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked, slipping a bit into the concerned older brother role.

"Yes Elijah, I'm fine," Isadora answered in a teasing tone.

Elijah playfully glared at her before turning his attention back to the TV. It wasn't long before others started to filter into the room and started to get their days started. About thirty minutes later, Damon came into the room and scooped up a nearly asleep Isadora. He sat on the couch and let her curl against him. Klaus of course wasn't far behind, but he instead headed to the kitchen to get breakfast for the trio. He fixed a plate for himself and Damon, figuring Isadora would get food from them both.

He set the plates on the dining table before quickly getting a couple of blood bags and pouring them into cups. Klaus made sure to get Isadora her juice before telling Damon that the food was ready. He could feel Elijah's eyes following him as he moved around but chose to ignore it.

Isadora, Klaus, and Damon ate in moderate silence, with just a few comments here and there about things. The two males fed Isadora bits of food as she was still curled into Damon and didn't show any signs of letting go, not that he minded. Once they were done eating, Damon carefully gave Isadora over to Klaus and took their dishes to the kitchen. When the dishes were rinsed off and put in the dishwasher, the trio headed off to their room to get ready for the day.