Heading Home pt. 3

Sorry, it's a bit short. Didn't have a lot of ideas for this part. 

In the morning, the duo took turns using the bathroom to change into their clothes for the day. They made quick work of packing what little had been removed from their bags and headed to check out. It wasn't long before the pair were seated at a local breakfast restaurant for a meal pre hitting the road.

"What's on your mind love?" Klaus asked after a moment of watching Isadora stare into her coffee cup.

"Just still nervous to return home."

"They've all missed you and are excited to have you back with them," Klaus said. Me, though, probably not so much. Just another thing to be shoved in my face, he added mentally.

A comfortable silence fell over the pair as they ate their meal. When they were done, Klaus paid and they headed to a gas station. Isadora headed inside to get snacks and drinks for them while her mate put gas in their car. The girl was still trying to wrap her mind around the fact of almost being home after just over a month of being gone. She had looked it up after breakfast and found it would only take about five hours to get back to Mystic Falls. But knowing Klaus, once they were outside of the city, the drive would be much shorter. A piece of her hoped Klaus would want to take the drive back slow as well. Either way, she would be back home by nightfall.

Ten minutes later, the pair was back on the road. A comfortable silence fell over them. They were enjoying each other's presence as the radio softly played in the background. How Klaus had managed to find a soft jazz station Isadora would never know but it was better than a lot of the current-day music. As if sensing her thoughts were taking a turn, the hybrid reached over and intertwined his hand with hers.

Time seemed to flow faster the closer to home they got. Even with a few breaks to use the bathroom, get gas, and stretch their legs. Isadora could feel her palms get a little sweaty as their travel neared its end. Even Klaus' heart was pounding a bit as they neared their destination. It was just getting to be early evening when a familiar building came into view. Isadora took a deep breath once Klaus parked the car. She had barely closed the car door before she had a familiar raven-haired man crushing her against him.

"You're back."