Damon Awakens

The hybrid was watching Damon for about an hour before Isadora came in and curled into his lap. She straddled his hips and tucked her face into his neck. Even without seeing her face, Klaus could tell Isadora was watching Damon too.

"You knew it was going to happen didn't you?" Klaus asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I did yes," Isadora answered. "I knew you would ask and that he would say yes."

"Knew he'd say yes? How?"

"Just one of the gifts I have."

"Do you know the reasoning behind why he said yes?"

"It sets him apart from his brother. His whole life he's been dedicated to saving his brother, the golden child. But somewhere along the lines he just got shoved into Stefan's shadow. People started to want him for a while but then would drop him for Stefan like he didn't matter at all. Becoming a hybrid gets him into his own light and, in a way, cuts ties with his brother. It allows Damon to become his own person," Isadora softly explained.

Klaus understood more than most how Damon felt. Always being in a brother's shadow and the failed attempts to be his own being. His own father didn't want him growing up, but sure as heck wanted his brothers and sister. Before he could get too wrapped up in his thoughts, he felt small fangs puncture his neck. Klaus slightly smiled and ran a hand through Isadora's hair. She had used the bit of pain to break him out of his thoughts and prevent a downward spiral. After a couple of minutes, Isadora retracted her fangs, licked up the excess blood, and tucked herself back into Klaus. It didn't take long before she was asleep.

He carefully shifted to grab the remote that lay on top of the nightstand and turned the TV to a random show to fill the silence while he waited for Damon to wake up. Klaus ran a hand through Damon's raven locks and hoped he would wake up soon. The more time he spent unconscious, the more anxiety filled Klaus' body. He was worried that something had gone wrong and Damon would never wake. Klaus tried to focus his mind on what Isadora had said, but doubt still crept in.

It was another two hours before Damon began to stir. Klaus quickly laid Isadora on the bed and grabbed the vial of Elena's blood before rushing over to the side of the bed where Damon was. Klaus kept careful watch as Damon started to fully wake up. To Klaus' surprise, Damon's eyes glowed the hybrid gold upon opening. The raven-haired man gasped as he sat up and looked around, his eyes landing on Klaus' neck. Before the blonde could say a word, Damon pounced on him and sunk his newly acquired hybrid fangs into his neck. Klaus held back a moan at the feeling and held Damon close while he took his fill. Once Damon was done, he licked up the extra blood and nuzzled his face into Klaus' neck.

"Are you alright love?" Klaus asked quietly.

"I feel just fine. Like me, just some added power," Damon brokenly explained. "It was weird though."

"Weird?"

"I saw Isadora while I was knocked out."

"Oh?"

"It was all dark at first, but then I wandered to a bright room where she was waiting for me. Isadora explained to me that when I woke up, I wouldn't need Elena's blood. I would just need to feed from you and it would finish the transition. It was like she could sense what I was going to ask and went on to explain that it was because of the mate bond."

Klaus chuckled. "Now you understand why I said I will never understand the powers she has. Isadora is the reason why I didn't need Elena's blood to unlock my wolf side. She instead gave me some of her blood and chanted words in a language I'd never heard before. It also somehow made the transition nearly painless."

The blonde heaved both of them up and to the bathroom where he sat the raven on the edge of the bathtub while he filled it. Klaus was careful to make sure the water wasn't too hot while adding some bath oils that would help soothe Damon's body and skin from the transition. He knew the later transition when Damon transformed into his wolf would be worse, but this one also took a toll on the body.

"I'll leave you to relax some love. Just call if you need anything," Klaus said, pressing a quick kiss to the raven's forehead.

Damon slightly blushed at the man's actions as he took his clothes off and slipped into the tub. Klaus hadn't been mistaken, the hot water felt amazing on his slightly achy muscle. He had a guess that Isadora had helped him in a similar way as she had with Klaus and made the transition nearly painless. Damon allowed himself to relax until the water started to turn cold. 

He carefully exited the tub and grabbed a towel to dry himself. After he wrapped the towel around his waist, Damon made quick work of making sure the bath would drain and headed to the closet. He tried to not blush while he walked to the closet as he could feel Klaus' eyes on him. Once dressed, Damon made his way to the bed and slowly climbed onto it as he tried to not wake Isadora. Klaus, once again, placed himself in the middle of the bed and allowed Damon to curl into his free side. Damon wondered why he was acting like this, it hadn't happened before, but it felt so right at the same time. After a few minutes, he shoved the thoughts aside and allowed sleep to take over.