Calling in the Volturi

It was another week before Fury had come up with anything. He had sent files to Tony, knowing he would call a group meeting to tell everyone. But the information didn't lead to many new insights. All they now knew was that the army had similar signatures to the Chitauri army that the Avengers had previously battled in New York. The Avengers were confused about how that could be as they had defeated that army and made sure the Tesseract was secure on Asguard, but everyone else's minds were turning with possibilities. While Bruce and Tony worked to further track whatever it was they were supposed to be fighting, the others took to training. They all had agreed to form four teams for the battle so that when the time came, it would help direct people where to go. Each team had a leader and each leader reported back to Steve as he was best suited for leading everyone.

"Hey Carlisle," Isadora said as they were taking a much-needed break.

"Yes, Isadora?" He answered with a small smile, curious where this would lead. 

"Do you think we should call the Volturi in? I know you don't like them much but we could use Caius strategy planning and the guard would give us more numbers."

Carlisle looked uneasy. Most vampires there hadn't had the best relations with the Volturi but Isadora did have a good point. "I can make a call to Aro and see if they will come help."

"Tell him that I can use a power to create cloud cover for the battle so the secret isn't revealed."

The man nodded and headed off to make his call. It added a level of danger for most of the vampires there, but Isadora was right. The extra help would prove useful.