Finding Out What We're up Against

It wasn't for another week that Tony had anything to present to anyone. To the annoyance of a few, it was just after five in the morning when he had JARVIS call everyone for a meeting. A few of the cold one vampires just seemingly appeared in the room, giving Tony a bit of a jump. The others slowly filed into the room, taking up various positions. A nearly fully awake Klaus was carrying Isadora who seemed to still be asleep, legs wrapped around his waist and head nuzzled into his neck. Damon was still half asleep but following closely behind them. The trio quietly set themselves up in the corner of the room. The other Mikaelsons settled closely to them.

"I know who we're up against," Tony announced, setting a device in the middle of the coffee table. "There was a brief but strange anomaly that happened in the middle of Russia. It was quick but the military was able to pick it up."

"So who is it we're fighting Stark?" Steve asked, crossing his arms and slipping into Captain America mode.

"Remember The Other?" Tony asked, activating the device on the table.

The device suddenly came to life with a blue glow. It showed an image of a being with blue-tinted skin, mostly hidden by armor and a cloak.

(Sorry it's a bit dark, it's the only right image I could find

(Sorry it's a bit dark, it's the only right image I could find.)

"Isn't that who brainwashed Loki?" Clint inquired.

"Yep, same army type we fought in the battle of New York," Tony responded.

"But how'd they open a doorway? Don't they need the Tesseract for that?" Bruce questioned.

"The military wasn't able to trace how they were able to do it. Doorway didn't stay open for long. Only a minute or two," Tony clarified.

Natasha stared at the image of The Other. "Is it another Chitauri army?"

 "Is it another Chitauri army?"

Tony glanced at her. "That's what Fury thinks. Since it's the same guy that brainwashed Loki, same army."

"My friends, we bested them in battle before and we can best them again," Thor cut in.

"Uh thanks, Point Break. Brucey you're with me. Fury wants us to track the energy signatures as they come up," Tony explained. "Now shoo. Meeting's over."

Steve and Bucky shared a look and headed off to the gym. Natasha and Clint headed off to the range to practice with their weapons. Most headed off to hunt. Elijah headed to the kitchen to start on breakfast and Esme was quick to join him, her motherly instincts to feed everyone kicking in. As the pair got to work, Damon and Klaus nudged Isadora awake. As if knowing what she wanted, Elijah sent Rebekah over with a cup of hot tea. Isadora gratefully took the cup as she pulled herself awake. Conversation easily flowed once everyone was sitting at the table for breakfast. Everyone was laughing and joking with each other as if they had been friends for years.

After breakfast was cleaned up, everyone changed clothes and headed outside for some sparring practice. Instead of fighting in pairs, they split into the teams that had been decided for the battle. Each team sparred with each other in a different area of the field while Steve walked around and observed what they were doing, giving pointers here and there. This went on for hours, the group only pausing for a quick lunch. Steve called the day over once the sun started to dip below the horizon.

Once the group was cleaned up and fed, they settled into the movie theatre again. It was some much-needed relaxing after the stressful day that had occurred. They were supposed to be watching the movies, but most took interest in throwing various treats at each other.