Chapter 225

This year's autumn harvest was still very smooth. The autumn rain only came down after the winter wheat was planted.

At this time, the production's public ration was handed in. Everyone’s food was also distributed. They were sharpening their knife and preparing for the meat distribution.

Also this period was also the day when Zhou Da Ni will get married.

This was the eldest granddaughter of the old Zhou family and it was still off-season time. So they prepared for the occasion.

Because of the gap of one generation, Lin Qing He didn't get a quilt as the dowry like she did for Zhou Xiao Mei when she got married.

Lin Qing He gave five yuan and gave at same time as the other sisters-in-law.

She also gave Zhou Da Ni an addition of a bolt of cloth so that she can make new clothes. This was also her best wishes to her.

The day after the meat distribution, Zhou Da Ni got married.

Lin Qing He reminisced. When she came, Zhou Da Ni was only that big. In a blink of an eye, she got married and soon will be a mother.

Lin Qing He couldn't help out as she got classes to teach. The banquet was attended by Zhou Qing Bai.

When Zhou Da Ni got married, the few aunts (father's sisters) also sent money back. It wasn't much, just five yuan per person. Still, the money was all Zhou Da Ni's dowry. Even when the in-law family hasn't separated, the money didn't need to be handed in.

Of course, if one encounters a tasteless in-law family, they will demand the dowry from the daughter-in-law. Fortunately, Eldest Sister-in-law didn't plan to push her eldest daughter into the fire pit. She sought a reliable household.

Now that it was off-peak farming season, the weather was beginning to cool down.

Especially after the autumn rain, the temperature started to drop.

"You brothers need to bundle up. You aren't allowed to play in the water anymore, understand?" Lin Qing He got up early in the morning and reminded the Su brothers.

Now they both lived here. The brothers loved it here and don't often go over to old Zhou's.

"We stopped playing in the water a long time ago. We're playing marbles." Su Cheng responded.

"Hungry." His younger brother, Su Xun voiced out.

"Are you hungry? Let's eat rabbit," San Wa, who was already dressed, said.

"Don't! Don't eat rabbit." Su Xun responded at once.

The little rabbits that were caught during the autumn harvest were raised. Now it was a lot bigger. Little Su Xun treasured them and didn't want to slaughter them to eat.

"It's raised to be eaten. Didn't you like it very much last time? Didn't you munched it so happily?" San Wa said.

"That's right. It's great to raise it to eat. Just like the chickens" Su Cheng was more practical.

"Don't eat it. Raise!" Su Xun protested. He started sniffing. Most likely about to sob.

"Don't cry. The rabbit will really be slaughtered if you cry." Lin Qing He interjected.

Little Su Xun immediately forced back the tears that were about to overflow.

"That's right. We'll raise it if you wish to." Lin Qing He said. Wait until they fatten up. By then, it'll be slaughtered for the New Year.

Little Su Xun was delighted.

After breakfast, he went to care for the rabbits. Lin Qing He left him be. She had already started knitting a sweater for Da Wa.