Chapter 280

Family's New Year dinner was on 31st December 1979.

In fact, the other three branches were interested in getting together for the meal.

However, Lin Qing He declined. She expressed that everyone can eat their own food. Da Wa hadn't come back this year. Without full attendance, they might as well forget it.

As for the matter of Zhou Qing Bai and the boys set off to the capital after New Year, it hadn't been announced yet.

On New Year's Eve, when she came to the old Zhou's house to find her sisters-in-law for some conservation, Lin Qing He mentioned it.

The three sisters-in-law were shocked.

"Huh? After New Year, Fourth Brother will move to the capital along with Er Wa and San Wa? What will happen to your home here?" Eldest Sister-in-law uttered in a daze.

"Father and Mother are here. They will move to our place in the future." Lin Qing He answered.

Father Zhou and Mother Zhou had no objection. Going over, they'll be in a spacious house. Also, there were so many chickens and ducks in the backyard.

"Once we're gone, keep an eye out on Father and Mother for me, sisters-in-law. The elderly are high in age. They should stop doing farm work." Lin Qing He continued.

As for old-age support, how it was before was how it'll be now.

Ever since the family separation, there had been no conflict within old Zhou Family about Father Zhou and Mother Zhou's old age care.

Completely different from other families, who often fought over this matter.

"That's not a matter at all. About Fourth Brother and the boys moving to the capital. What's the story with the accommodation and household registration?" said Third Sister-in-law.

"I'm employed by the school this year and now become an English teacher at Bei University. The school has assigned me a place that is sufficient to live in. The household registration is much simpler. My school unit will help get it accepted. There is no problem." Lin Qing He smilingly assured.

Her family's Qing Bai had completed gathered all the necessary documents for the relocation of the household registration. The family can simply settle down once they reached the capital.

Hearing this had Eldest Sister-in-law, Second Sister-in-law, and Third Sister-in-law stunned.

Fourth's wife was too competent!

Work, household registration, and so on were all sorted?

"And Fourth Brother's work? Is it settled?" asked Second Sister-in-law.

"I rented a shop for Qing Bai over there. At that time, he'll be self-employed and sell dumplings." Lin Qing He also answered.

"Be self-employed? Fourth Brother is willing?" Third Sister-in-law uttered in surprise.

"Why would he be unwilling? It's also relying on his hands to make money. Don't think about it so much. There is no shame in doing a business. Only when one doesn't have food to eat and go steal and cheat, that it would be ashamed." Lin Qing He said.

"Qing He, have you received any news from the capital? Will there be arrests in the future?" Eldest Sister-in-law asked.

"I heard Mother mention that you have raised a lot of chickens?" Lin Qing He smilingly responded

"I'm raising more than a dozen." Eldest Sister-in-law nodded.

"Wait until next spring. You can grab two and find a place to squat then." Lin Qing He said, "If someone investigates, you can just say that someone in the family is in post-natal confinement and go to Xiao Mei's house. If no one checks, then go to the entrance of the hospital and have a look."