Chapter 6 Sirus

Deftly plucking the glass out of an oblivious Marcus's hand and taking a sip. I observe the carnage surrounding me.

Marcus jumps, startled, finally noticing my presence, as I lean against the bar.

"Jesus Sirus, you need a cowbell around your neck, I nearly shit my pants!"

"Where is the Alpha of this pack?" I ask, ignoring him.

Marcus gestures over to the right where the Giant wolf staggers back against the overwhelming force of my men. A few of his own soldiers valiantly try to fend them off, both in wolf and human form.

"On his last legs. Old farts got stamina, I'll give him that. Should have dropped ages ago." Marcus snorts.

"Yes. Thank goodness it's not a fair fight or you would be dead and buried, while they sip wine on your grave." I say dryly. "Where is his heir?" Marcus points to the main fight.

"Somewhere in that mess. His luscious sister too." Oh, this is news, Rueben has a daughter. This changes everything.
E

ven when Ruben's body is decomposed in death, the torment of his soul will long continue. I smile my first genuine smile.

"Jesus Christ!" Marcus shudders. "Don't smile again, ever. Scariest, evil shit I have ever seen."

I grab him by his hair. "Where's the daughter!"

"Ouch! Fuck man! She's at the main fight too. She's the only thing keeping their side going, look!" While he fights against my grip, I follow the way he pointed with my eyes, to behold a magnificent sight.

I am so surprised I release my tight grip on Marcus's greasy locks.
I

t is like she is dancing. Fluidly, with grace, she is a twirling wind of death. Every strike hits its target. Beside her are two men in upright form and below a handful in wolf.

They move like a well-oiled machine, each predicting the movements of the others. The wolves distract the enemy from her attacks or deal the killing blow. The men guarding her sides and back were just as lethal, with precise blows hitting every target.

How she is keeping up with the vampires was a mystery, she could be one herself, with the speed she moves. The way she bares her teeth and snarls at her opponents.

She leads the dance as the small group lunge forward, rotates, and swap positions. Constant unpredictable change. I've never seen anything like it, especially not from a woman.

At least Ruben has done something of worth in my absence. It is hard to believe that worthless shit could have created such perfection.
S

he is covered in blood but I doubt much of it is her own. Barefoot and chest heaving with exertion, I feel my cock twitch for the first time in years. I allow myself a moment to imagine licking the blood off her skin. With a swift inhale, I re-ground myself.

Enough playing I whisper through my men's minds. Separate them, overwhelm them. Do what you want with the rest, but bring me the heir and the girl. Alive. Incapacitated is fine.

"I claim the daughter as payment," Marcus says. "She will make a very fine, luscious Luna."

"You will claim no such thing. I have plans for her." I snap.

I turn my attention to the staggering Alpha. Pushing everyone out of my way. Only one other standing with him now. I backhand his protector full force into the pile of bodies behind them, before turning back to the Alpha.

"Ruben old friend, long time no see." I reach over and pat his head in greeting, deftly avoiding his snapping jaws and ignoring his warning growls. "Uh uh. That's not polite. Now, where is your beautiful wife Sabine I wonder? Or should I say...my mate!"

Right on time, I hear the screams, as two of my men bring her forward. Ruben's fur ripples and retreats as he merges back into his human form, struggling to stand upright.

"Sirus! Please - no!" Ruben begs. Struggling against the men now restraining him.

"Don't you dare plead to me! You took everything that was mine! Now I return the favor two-fold. Your coveted wife will die. Your pack and lands will be burned to ashes, your heir will be destroyed."
I

walk over to Sabine, stroking her hair soothingly as she trembles. Sabine was always weak for an Alpha's daughter but she was supposed to be mine and I accepted her at the time, as good mates do. But Sabine had other ideas. As did Ruben.

The Alpha title, the land, and the pack that should have been mine were torn away because she couldn't accept a vampire as her mate. Wanting to keep her lines pure. Interspecies matings weren't unheard of. Rare, but they happened. Ruben wanted her to be his and unknown to me, fancied himself in love. He had grown up with her and had given up waiting for his mate when he reached the age of thirty.

We were supposed to be allies, him and I. I called him a friend. But instead of friendship, they plotted and betrayed my trust. Poisoned me, drained me of my blood, and entombed my pain-wracked body.
T

hen they moved on with their lives and played happy families. Forgetting me. While I wasted away in endless silence and darkness. Thank God for curious humans poking into places they probably shouldn't and setting me free.

With my men holding her steady, I wrap my arms around Sabine's waist and nestle into her neck, breathing in her scent. For a moment I contemplate what could have been. I'd had her once when the mate bond had first reared its head and before she had gathered her father's ideals around her. I clench my jaw as I shove the thoughts away and bring my lips to her ear.

"Your daughter is magnificent," I whisper to her. "Looks like I'll claim a piece of you after all." She tenses in my hands, eyes widening in realization. I give her a minute to fully process my words, before looking across to her chosen mate with a grin. Nodding to the men guarding him, I watch as they wrestle him to his knees.

I gently move my hand up to Sabine's neck, loving the whimper of fear that escapes from her lips.
M

y nails elongate to sharp points and I drag my index finger across her throat deeply. The scent of her blood hits me. I lick up the side of her face and inhale deeply with a shudder. I tug her head back by her hair, to widen the opening in her throat, while she chokes on her own blood.

Her Alpha's howl of despair echoes through the territory. It is music to my ears. I step away from Sabine's death gasps, nodding to the men holding her. They immediately tear her limb from limb. The arms they were holding are the first to go, closely followed by her head. While the now silent Alpha watches on in horror, his chest heaving. One of my men bowls her head along the grass, where it stops at her Alpha's knees, to mockingly gaze emptily at her lover's crotch.

"Want some head, Alpha?" One of the men jeers, before erupting into laughter. My own lips twitch for a moment.

Now it is time to deal with my old friend. Finish what he had started all those years ago. But not before I tell him all the juicy details of what I have planned for his baby girl. May the prick never rest in peace.

Well Sirus certainly made an entrance. What do we think of him so far?
If you like it, vote for it :)