Chapter 44 Eve

Men are weird, especially my mates. While I indulge in a gooey, mouth party of gourmet pizza, my mates either sit staring at me or are excusing themselves every five minutes to go who knows where.

The Lycan King shoos me off his lap within two minutes of dinner starting and then stands leaning on the other side of the kitchen island. The other three have pillows in their laps with their plates balanced on top. The plates aren't hot so maybe they just like the raised height.

They clearly need to go for a run. They are tense and twitchy in their seats like they have ants in their pants. I finish up my meal, rinse off my plate and my hands and wipe my face with a napkin. I notice the King has scurried around to the other side of the island. I tentatively smell my hoody. Do I smell bad?

"Right, I'm off to check on the border patrol," I announce.

"Just let Max do it, Kitten," Darius says over his shoulder to me.

"Hulk, it's kind of my job and Max did the day check in's," I say, rolling my eyes. "If you're so worried, come with me."

"Yeah alright, give me ten minutes. I'll finish eating and clean up." He responds gruffly. Sheesh, what's up his ass!
I

huff with annoyance. If he had just eaten when I did, I wouldn't be being held up. I go upstairs and get changed to kill time. I chuck on some socks and boots, then brush my hair out before throwing it into a messy bun. I stomp back down the stairs.

They seem more relaxed now, talking and laughing quietly, while they actually eat their pizza. Garret glances up as I walk back in, growling lowly.

"No." He states straight-faced. For fucks sake. Here we go again.

"But it's muggy out!" I protest.

"No!" He replies, crossing his arms. While Reece snickers into his hand. "I warned you. Only in the house or I'll burn the rest." I scowl at him. Bloody possessive ass!

"Fine then!" I flick the button and pull the zip down, shucking out of the offending booty shorts he has declared war on. I biff them in his direction. "Happy now?" I say exasperatedly as I stride for the door, giving them a good view of my sheer lacey-thonged ass.

The primal growl tears through the silence from all my mates, before my wrist is tugged, spinning me around. I'm bodily thrown over Garret's shoulder as he runs with me back upstairs.
I

plant my elbow on his shoulder and prop my head up with my hand, bored already. This is not his first step back in time, into caveman mode, nor will it be his last. Reece waves at me grinning and I give him the middle finger.

Back in our room, Garret throws me on the bed, chucking another pair of yoga pants at me, before yanking my remaining four booty shorts from the closet and exiting the room with them.
I

snort and pull open my bottom drawer. Patting my hidden booty shorts reassuringly, before closing the drawer, putting on the yoga pants, and heading back down.

He nods approvingly as I descend this time, while I roll my eyes.

"Can we go now?" I ask Darius. "Please, before he chucks me off to a nunnery." Darius laughs but holds out his hand to me and finally, we are able to leave. Trudging towards the border, Darius bumps my shoulder with his.