Chapter 46 Reece

Garret doesn't get nervous - ever. The fact that he is now, has Darius and me racing up the steps to the bedroom. Devlin is right behind us. The room is perfumed with the smell of sex and Eve is fast asleep, tucked under the bed covers. Garret is freaking out, scales erupting over his arms, legs, and face. Tugging at his long hair.

I approach Eve cautiously, scenting her. I can't smell any excess blood or salty tears. Her breathing is even. I lift the blanket, noting all the love bites littering her body from the possessive dragon, and grin.

"Garret, what's wrong?" Darius breaks the silence. Garret's lip curls into a silent snarl as he struggles to rein himself in.

"I...Urggh!" He hits his head with his fists. "I think something happened when I marked her, her eyes...!" He looks at us terrified. I lean over Eve and gently pull back an eyelid. What the fuck! Darius and Devlin lean in quickly to look.

"How is that possible!" I ask.

"I don't know!" Garret growls. "They were normal. We marked each other and then they were.... like that!"

"Alrighty calm down," Devlin says, holding his hands up. "We know she has dragon blood. Maybe mating a dragon has flipped the switch and brought her dragon into play. You guys need to remember she is many species in one. There are probably going to be some signs of them. I'm surprised there isn't already."

"She does have a few quirks already." Darius divulges. I raise my eyebrow at him and he shrugs. "He's her mate too, pay for everyone to be on the same page yeah?"

"What quirks?" Devlin presses.

"She has something stronger than an Alpha aura. Strong enough that she was able to make Darius and I kneel to her one day when she was pitching a fit. And we submitted to her. She keeps it under wraps for the most part. Only seen it twice so far. Affects her packmates too." Darius explains. "As she said at the meeting earlier. She's the firstborn. She's a true Alpha, too. So whether it only works on those directly connected with her, we don't know yet."

"No wonder she has four mates then, with that kind of power kick to her," Devlin mutters.

"Five." Darius said, "She met her vampire counterpart just before. Freaked her out and she took off. It was the vamp proxy." Garret glares at him.

"Did he hurt her?" But Darius shakes his head, no.

"Reece and I stayed and spoke to him. The vampire realized at the meeting. He said he didn't lay claim, after seeing how she reacted to Devlin and he knew she had been the vampire's prisoner. He said he was just going to let her get to know him and ease her in. But because we accused him of being a mole, it was the easiest way to prove it wasn't him. No mate would willingly put the other in harm's way, or go against them."

"She was very upset when she came home." Garret sighs. "I'm not sure she's going to accept him anytime soon."

"So, I guess the theory is true then. A mate for each part of her?" I ask.

"It's starting to look like it." Darius frowns. "But if that's the case, why does she have two wolf mates?"

"Easy." Garret answers. "She's supposed to have a wolf mate. Neither Reece nor Eve acknowledged each other as a mate. Mother nature got impatient." He smirks.