Chapter 56

Nevaeh gulped when she heard an angry male voice exclaim.

Angry men were never a good sign.

With a thumping heart she looked up, her eyes making contact with deep brown ones, so dark they looked black.

Deep dark eyes filled with rage, anger and confusion as he stared at her. His blond hair shone under the light, he ran his hand through his hair in frustration as his eyes kept glancing from her to the men.

She didn't have time to blink before she felt a hand wrap around her throat so tight her air supply was cut off.

She gasped when she felt her body hit the wall, her hand wrapped around the man's wrist, softly squeezing.

No one saw it coming when he choked her and threw her against the wall roughly.

Not even the guys.

"You're dead!" He hissed in her face, his eyes filled with so much anger she shivered.

"Lucas! Let her go." Angel spoke, her voice calm yet with a hint of threat in it.

They needed to keep calm and keep the situation under control, they know Lucas and how he is, he's just angry and confused.

"Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, his face coming closer to Nevaeh's.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, down to the hand wrapped around her neck.

"You're fucking dead! I saw your dead body!" His voice was getting higher, his hand tightening around her neck more.

"P-please." She chocked out, her face turning a shade of blue.

"Lucas!" Hades exclaimed, trying to get his hand off her neck, he pushed him, making Hades stumble backwards from the forceful push which he didn't expect.

Lucas was a big guy, standing at 6'5 with muscles everywhere, he was a known fighter, known to have never been defeated.

"Lucas, get your hand off her right now ." Theo stepped in, nearing the end of his calmness.

Rushed footsteps were heard along with the soft thudding of the steps on the carpets.

"T-Theo." Nevaeh croaked out, her eyes wide and filled with fear.

"I know baby, it's okay." He tried soothing her, yet he knew it did nothing to ease her scared nerves.

Lucas' hand loosened on her neck, not squeezing as tightly as before, making Nevaeh breath in normally and slowly.

He was looking at her, his eyes glazed over, he suddenly leaned his forehead on hers, a tear escaping his eye.

"I saw you, your small body, you were dead, you are dead. It's all my imagination." He whispered, his voice low and cracking and filled with hurt.

"Lucas." Nevaeh felt her whole body freeze.

That voice, she's heard it before.

She wasn't sure where.

His tattooed hand landed on the wall beside her head. He was breathing heavily, still staring at her with an unknown emotion in his eyes.

"Lucas, step away." Theodore commanded, his hands fisting at his sides.

His fist hit the wall, creating a dent. Nevaeh flinched, a new wave of tears brimming her eyes.

"Fuck!" He tugged at his light blond hair, heaving out a cursed sigh before opening the front door and slamming it shut behind him.

Nevaeh's body sagged against the wall, her hands flew over to her mouth to muffle her cries.

That man scared her, the way he looked at her with so much anger and anxiety made her stomach flip.

She felt Hades cradle in his arms, her hands fisted his perfectly ironed shirt as she sobbed, wetting his white shirt with her salty tears.

His hand rubbed her back soothingly, slowly traveling up towards her hair and running his fingers through her silky soft hair gently.

She buried her face into his chest more, muffling her sobs that soon turned into sniffles.

"You're okay darling, you're okay." He kept muttering sweet words in her ear.

"Daddy." She choked out, her voice small enough only for him to hear, and no one else.

"It's okay baby, you're okay, I'll not let anything happen to you."

She had managed to calm down from sobbing to wiping her tears. Her throat hurt and was dry, her eyes screaming in pain from the crying.

She looked up, noticing four men and a woman staring at her. No doubt 'their friends' as they had called them.

Her eyes went over the oldest looking brother, her eyes narrowed in deep thought, she looked him up and down, from his eyes to his shoes.

After a while of deep thinking, her eyes widened, it was the man that called her name near the bakery, the one she doesn't know and creeped her out.

He seemed to recognize her too, from his wide eyes to his open mouth.

However, she couldn't seem to tear her eyes away from the older man, the mens father.

His eyes, an exact replica of hers were staring right back at her, his hair, brunette with soft highlights yet with a bit of grey were exactly like her hair.

His face was empty, so were his eyes, his hands were in his suit pants pockets, his jaw tight. The woman beside him was on the verge of tears, her hand over her mouth in disbelief.

"Oh my god, Nevaeh." The woman whispered, her blue eyes teary.

As soon as the woman spoke, the man turned away.

Without another word, he turned and left the room, his sons following behind him.