Chapter 14

Cedric pov

When I wake up it is 6 o'clock and time for dinner. I notice that Haven is not in bed I look around and notice haven is pacing in front of the window eyes focused on the slowly darkening sky.

"Hey why don't we go get dinner." His gaze shoots over to me and he nods. We walk down to the great hall and I eat some food carefully watching Haven. He spends the whole time looking at the charmed ceiling.

Eventually I make eye contact with Snape. He gestures at me to take Haven and leave the Great Hall. After we leave he leads us out of the school and to the forbidden Forest.

Haven seems a lot happier now that he's outside. Running around amongst the trees as we approached this meeting point soon we'd meet up with Jareth. We approach a clearing in the forest to see someone standing there. Haven. Runs towards the figure before jumping into their arms.

I get closer and see a man when Snape sees him he leaves. I slowly approach him. All of the sudden Haven jumps out of his arms and runs over to me. He grabs my arm and pulls me over. I make eye contact with the man and feel butterflies. This must be Jareth the goblin king another of our mates.

"Jare, Jare look who I found. It's Cedric Diggory the one that showed up when I became a vampire."

"Yes little one, I am very proud of you finding one of our mates but look up at the sky it is almost moon rise." Haven eagerly looks up at the sky and starts to run in circles.

After a while he settles down and gets on his hands and knees. In a fraction of a second he is sniffing us in wolf form. I have never heard of such a quick painless transition. I pet his head and he leans into me. After a bit of petting he runs off into the forest leaving me all alone with Jareth.

"So has Ven informed you of how chosen and mates work?" I look at him and nod. "Good. That is important information to keep you and him safe."

We just talk and get to know each other until Haven gets back. When he paws back over to us he lays at our feet and starts to fall asleep. Jareth then casts a softening spell on the ground.

After he does that we get on the ground and cuddle up with each other. All of us snuggling in a bit of a dog pile. Soon we all drift off to sleep.

Next morning

I wake up to the sun shining on my face. I look over and see both Haven and Jareth still fast asleep. Haven has turned back into his human form but is somehow still dressed in his school robes. I look over at Jareth and notice he looks peaceful.

I check the time and realize that it is halfway through breakfast. I quickly shake havens shoulder. "Wake up or we are going to miss breakfast."

"Five more minutes." He grumbles out. I hear a chuckle and notice that Jareth has woken up.

"Come one little one you don't want to be late on your first day of class do you?" With that he shoots up and I notice a leaf stuck to his face. I carefully peel it off his face feeling the sparks when our skin touches.

We all get up and head to the edge of the forest. When we get there Jareth kisses havens head and then mine. Instead of feeling sparks like with Haven I feel warmth spread through me. Jareth quickly leaves after that stating that he has business to get to.

" Ced can you carry me I am still sleepy."

"Of course love." I pick him up and he rests his head on my shoulder. Then I walk out of the forest and head to the great hall.