Chapter 51

Haven pov

It is about a week before the next task and I finally solved the clue, it is in mermish. They are going to take something I care about an put it under the black lake. I quickly tell the others before going to the chambers to figure out what I am going to do.

I am in the hot springs thinking when all of the sudden I change into a fish. I swim around studying how I move until I change back about an hour later.

Time skip

Over the past week I have been practicing giving myself just gils and flippers. I finally got it about 5 minutes before we were supposed to be on the dock. I'm standing on the dock and looking around. I see Luna and my adult mates but I don't see draco or Emery.

They tell use to go and make my gils appear and dive into the water. I swim until I see people tied up in the kelp. I growl when I see Emery, draco, Hermione and Gaby tied up. I start to untie Emery and see Cedric and victor untying their hostages. I swim up with Emery and place him on the dock.

I see fleur crying and ask what's wrong. Turns out she can't get her self to go down due to a phobia of water. So I dive back down and get her sister. As I am untying Gaby the merpeople are yelling at me to take only one. I untie her and start to swim to the surface. Hear one of them curse me and I roll my eyes as I keep swimming. I get up and put Gaby in fleur's arms before grabbing my child in a hug.

"Are you okay? I can't believe they put children under the water." I say in worry and then a growl." I look through the crowd trying to make sure everyone is okay when I make eye contact with the Wesley twins. I feel the connection and sigh before continuing to check everyone over.

Time skip

I'm heading to dinner when I am cornered by the twins. "What did that connection mean when we met eyes earlier?" "Why hasn't it happened before?" The twins say one after the other.

"I kinda got cursed for going back for fleur's sister and fate has a bad habit of making me more creatures leading to more chosen."

"So we" "are" "your" "chosen?"

"Yes. Welcome to the party there are a lot of us."

"What does this mean?"

"So you know the basics right?"

"Yes." "Like" "we" "are" "supposed to" "protect you" "and if" "we do" "something" "to hurt" "you we" "will" "die" " like" "Ron."

"Well yes. It is not uncommon for identical twins to share mates. Though the rules are not quite the same. Mate are shared but they are not each other's mates."

"Makes" "sense." "So" "who" "are" "your" "other" "chosen?"

"Victor, Cedric and Draco are the ones you would know but I have more. Tom, Suriel, Fenrir, Xenophilius, death and Jareth are the other ones at the moment."

"That" "is" "a lot." "We" "are" "mates" " with" "death?!"

"Yep."

"That's" "crazy." I just nod.