Chapter 97

Haven pov

I got a call from Fury saying that someone is framing Bucky for the murder of a king. We both know he couldn't have done it as he was here all weekend playing with his children. He even had a daddy daughter date with Mabel. I agree to come in and gather my things.

"Bucky I need you to refrain from leaving the house and Tom you are in charge of getting the kids to and from school I don't know how long this is going to take."

"Be safe." Several of my family members yelled and Loki decided to go with me.

When we arrive there is a large amounts of politicians and other important people on screens. "What is this about?"

"The government is requiring a meeting."

"What about?"

"Regulating superhumans and superheroes."

"Hmm. So how is this related to the fact that my husband is being framed for murder?"

"The first time this meeting was being attempted we were all the same building and the building was bombed so we had to separate and some of the representatives had to be replaced."

"So a problem that was caused  a murder that has not been solved are the reason for people being regulated? Isn't that against this countries constitution?"

"The world needs to know that it is safe!" One of the other people says.

"But it won't be safe anyway! You will never be able to track everyone with powers and if you regulate all the powered individuals that are willing to come forward you will only be regulating the ones that are likely to be lawful anyway. This doesn't limit the ones that are actually dangerous it just limits the people who will help." I say crossing my arms across my chest. "Do you have a plan for that? And what about response times? Do you have a way to insure that everyone will agree in time for the superheroes to actually do something?"

The people look at each other and then back at me in complete silence. "Should we not be working on figuring out who actually killed the king and not passing blame around?"

"This is not only about the murders due to the bomb."

"Then what is it about?"

"The destruction that the avengers have caused around the world, including ones that they should not have been in."

"I understand the fear you all have. I worry about the state of things all the time but regulating the people who are trying to help is not going to help much of anything at all. What do you think would have happened to New York if there was no one to respond to the alien threat? New York would have been destroyed."

"You can't prove that!"

"Steve take some of the others and find who is framing Bucky. I will deal with this meeting. You will have to come back and sign something probably but it will be a lot more amidable." Steve takes many of the other avengers and leaves while the officials are telling them to stay.

"Why do they listen to you?"

"Fear, respect and being the mother of the group." I say. "Now let's talk over some terms and properly think about how each of these ideas will work out."

We spend the next few hours going over the document and revising it where revisions are needed. At the end we have a document that I feel like makes sense. The killer was also found and brought in so the government could deal with him and the document was signed after the others saw all the revisions made.