12

: *・゚:*:・゚* 12: Practice

—: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:—*A Few Days Later*

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—
*A Few Days Later*

~ "This is so stupid.." Sugawara mumbled to himself as he finished setting up the net.

When Y/N had told him she wanted to see him today, he assumed it was because she wanted a go at what she's been teaching him.

Not because she wanted to break into Karasunos gym to help him practice his setting skills.

"Awesome, you finished!"

He turned his head and his eyes widened. She was wearing spandex with a blue, loose tank top and a white sports bra as well as elbow and knee pads with her hair in a ponytail.

She made it to his side with a bright smile. He looked away from her before he let his thoughts become a reality, "So, what exactly do you think this is going to accomplish?"

"It'll help improve your skills and once coach Ukai sees how much you've changed, you'll be put in to play a lot more! I've got a few recordings of Kageyama setting so we can watch and learn!" She told him.

"Right... And how are you supposed to help?"

She crossed her arms, "I never told you this but I played volleyball a lot in middle school. I was my teams wing spiker! I'm probably a little rusty but it'll come to me the more we go. Also, keep in mind I went to a school with a strong team and was always at their practices. 'Tsumu is a really good setter so I think I'd be useful in telling you tips he used to improve."

"Ah, I see."

Just then, the gym door opened, revealing the teams manager. She was wearing clothes she'd normally wear during their practice.

Sugawara looked at her, "Shimizu? What're you doing here?"

"Y/N texted me saying you needed someone to throw in the balls for you to set. So, here I am." Kiyoko told him

The two began stretching as Y/N showed him the videos she took and Kiyoko went to grab the cart of volleyballs. Y/N also began telling the silver haired boy everything Inarizaki's setter did to be as good as he is now.

Sugawara listened to every thing that came out of her mouth and smiled.

She prepared all this just to help him get to his spot as starting setter again.

Once they finished watching the videos, they began to practice. With the first few balls Kiyoko threw in, Sugawara was either keeping it safe, or not exactly getting what Kageyama or Atsumu do to have their tosses be so good. They would pause to rewatch the videos and for her to explain every exact detail to Atsumus setting. After a while, he started getting the hang of their skills and realized that he did everything by the book. He never really tried to do anything crazy.

The three kept going until Sugawara was crouched down, trying to steady his breathing. He hadn't trained this hard since the first Ukai was coaching them.

Y/N was laying flat on the floor, also trying to breathe. She was sweating and felt out of shape.

Feeling a sudden energy, he got of and walked over to her. He help her up and once she was on her feet, he placed a quick kiss on her lips. Realizing where they were, she checked behind him and Kiyoko was gone.

"Where did Kiyoko go?" She questioned.

He laughed, "Dont worry. She went to put the balls away and then went to get a drink since she forgot to bring one. Thank you for this. I really need to start working hard if I still want to play with my team."

"No worries! I'm always here if you need more help."

With Kiyoko still being gone, he locked their lips again, making the kiss last longer.

The gym door opened again and they pulled apart and looked to see Kageyama standing there, shielding his eyes,

"Um, I'm sorry. I thought no one would be in here."

Then, Kiyoko came back and felt awkward tension, "What?"

Kageyama gripped his bag, "I'll just come back later. Sorry." He turned and left.

The two who had been caught looked at each other before laughing, leaving the manager confused on what just happened.

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

shitty chapter. ik. i'm tired.