Chapter 3

Riley p.o.v

Its been a few days since I met Leah. She text me that night so I could save her number and we've spoken a couple times since then but it has been hard to keep the conversation going when Im working and can't reply for a few hours at a time. Today is my first day off so I sleep in until 10. I make myself a coffee and sit on the couch on my phone.

An hour passes by and I find myself thinking about leah again. This has been a reoccurring thing since I met her. I think about her constantly and I don't know why, of course she's so beautiful and funny and seems really interesting but I barely know her. Just as I'm thinking about the hug we shared my phone pings

Leah: hey, good morning. I hope you slept well. I know today's your first day off so I wasn't sure how early you'd be waking up. If you have a bit of free time later would you like to grab a coffee?

This girl knows the way to my heart. I will never say no to coffee! It helps I really want to see leah too so of course I agree to meet her.

We arranged to meet at 1 so I have two hours to get organised. I jump in a shower and get dressed. I still have plenty of time so I decide to lightly curl my hair. All leah has seen is my messy work bun so i really want her to see I'm not a complete mess. I do some light makeup and I'm finally ready. I decide to wear black ripped jeans, my black airforce and a white wooly jumper. It's February so it's still chilly outside. Its 12:30 so I grab my keys and head out. It's only about 15 minutes to Starbucks but it gives me time to find a parking space and calm my nerves before I see leah.

12:55 - I arrive at Starbucks and I don't see leah so I head Inside to grab a table. A few minutes later I see leah come in. Her cheeks are red from the cold and she is shivering. I don't wait for her to see me I walk over to her and hug her.

"what was that for?" leah says with a smile. "you look frozen and you're shivering. I was hoping I would heat you up a little bit." I say hoping she was okay with the hug. Leah pulls me back into her and hugs me for a few more minutes.

"thank you" was all she said and we sat down at the table I got us. "I hope you weren't waiting long, I'm sorry I couldn't get a parking space and ended up parking a good 10 minute walk from here." I shot her a glare. "you walked for 10 minutes to get here in the freezing cold? Why didn't you message me or we could've gone somewhere else instead. I know it's hard to get parked close to here because it's in the town centre but we could've gone somewhere else, don't do that again. Please, you'll catch a cold." I can't believe she walked in this weather no wonder she's so cold. It took me a few minutes to take her all in. She's wearing jeans and a red jumper and looks so cute but definitely not warm." I'm sorry next time ill come dressed for the weather" leah says smiling. "that's what I like to hear" I smile back and we order our drinks.

Leah p.o.v

"tell me about yourself" the short girl says.
"well, I am 25, grew up in Milton Keynes. I play football for arsenal and have supported them my whole life. I am also the captain for my national team, england as we try and win the euros. I have a dog. My mums my biggest supporter and my favourite food is ham sandwiches." I continue to ramble on and I notice Riley is sitting listening Intently at what I'm saying. It's so cute because she looks so genuinely interested in what I'm saying. I even tell her about my relationship with Jordan and how it didn't work out but and all the drama that happened after we broke up.

Riley: wow, what a life. *laughs* firstly I want to apologise that I didnt recognise you from football. To be honest being Scottish, if I had England posters all over my walls I think my family would throw me out. But I knew I did recognise you from somewhere. That's crazy though so how do you feel being the captain of your country?