Chapter 58

Leah p.o.v

"This is cute." Mum says to me.
"I like it but I wanted a bigger one." Mum rolls her eyes at me. This has been ongoing all day.
"Bubs, he won't care what size it is." He might not but I will.
"It'll be his first teddy, it can't just be the first one we see." Mum and I have been shopping for the last three hours getting the last bits before he arrives. I've taken over an hour to decide what I want to take to the hospital for him. Riley and I got him the clothes we want him to wear when we take him home, we have a little arsenal blanket for him that Viv and Beth bought him but I want him to have a little teddy to have beside him but none stand out to me.
"Let's call it a day and come back another time." I say in defeat.
"We have got him lots today so don't be so down. He has everything he could ever need."
"Everything but a teddy." I grumble.
Mum and I go for some lunch and then back to mine. Riley is with viv today they're having a movie day and Beth is out with Katie and Steph. Riley's bump is definitely on show now and to try to keep it a secret she hasn't left the house much. Megan has let her work from home and if she does go out she wears my big jacket to cover herself. I can't describe the feeling of holding her stomach and knowing our baby is in there. It's the most surreal feeling. I feel him kick Riley throughout the night and I hear her softly talking to him when she thinks I'm not listening. I can't wait till he's here and we hold him, everything will be complete the minute I hold my son for the first time.

Mum and I arrive back at my house, I said mum didn't need to come in but she couldn't pass up the chance to see Riley and gush over her so she basically raced me to the door to see Riley. I giggle at her eagerness but honestly I can't wait to make her a granny.

Riley p.o.v

"Pass me the remote." I say struggling to get comfortable.
"Why? I like this show." Viv asks stuffing her face with popcorn.
"We've seen this one already." I say still in a little bit of pain.
"No, we haven't. I don't remember it." Jesus women just give me the remote.
"Viv I'm telling you we've seen it. They kiss, the other two run down to the lake, they find a body."
"Now you've ruined it for me." She huffs.
"You've already seen it." I huff back.
Her eyes meet mine and we both begin to laugh.
"You're such an idiot." I say trying to hold in my laughter.
"Me? You're the one that's pissing herself laughing." Just as she says that my eyes open.
"Oh my god. I've wee'd" I say and Viv falls to the floor crying with laughter.
"No it's not funny help me get up. I can't wee on the couch." I beg but she can't even move from laughing too much.
"Viv please, Leah will be back any minute I can't let her know I wee'd myself." I try to push myself off the couch.
"Please stop saying 'wee' or I'll pee myself." She finally helps me up.
I run off to get changed before Leah gets home and make Viv promise not to tell her.

When I hear Amanda's tyres in the drive I give a look to Viv, who side eyes me and smirks.
"Don't say a word." I try to act scary. She just pretends to lock her lips and smiles.

Amanda rushes through the door as she has done since we announced the pregnancy. "Oh my goodness you are getting so big. You look amazing sweetheart, how's the sickness? Little guy still active at night?" I'm used to her being like this but sometimes Leah thinks it's too much for me. I understand her worry because I have been pretty stressed with this pregnancy. It's our first baby, it's going to be all over the news the minute anyone spots Leah or I with him. I'm going to be responsible for a tiny human and it scares me a little. Leah's been great but I have to feel confident that I can do this and right now I don't feel like I am there yet.

"He's definitely growing anyway, I haven't been as sick but he does kick my ribs sometimes and that makes me feel a little sick but it's manageable. He can sometimes keep me up but he seems to settle when Leah's hands on my stomach so she takes great pleasure in having her hands on my belly all the time. Not that I'm complaining." I smile over at Leah who winks at me.
"I can't wait to meet him." She says tearing up slightly. Unfortunately teary Amanda is now a constant. Forever got her tissues out which I adore in her and how much she loves the child inside of me.