Chapter 46

Leah p.o.v

"the first half has been great so far, lots of chances and great passing. We are really pushing the opposition. Keep it up girls." Jonas said at the half time team chat. We are all pretty happy with our performance. 2-0 up and we could've had a few more. I feel good and I seen Riley in the stands with my mum so I'm glad she's okay.

We walk out for the second half and as we take our positions I see lots of commotion in the stands. "what's going on?" I say to steph. Both of us staring into the crowd. There's people crowding round someone, they're sitting close to where I seen my mum and Riley but i can't see them anymore.

"look, there's paramedics. Maybe someone felt unwell?" steph points out. I hope whoever it is, they're okay. I know we can't stop the game for just one person but if its serious I hope they get the help they need.

The game kicks off and whenever I get the chance I take glances to the incident. Half wanting to make sure the person is okay and the other half searching for my family. A few moments later I see Viv, her face is red and eyes bloodshot. It looks like she's been crying. I mean she's maybe just sad for the person that's unwell. I try to grab Beth's attention to let her know Viv is upset but she's too far up the pitch.

In the 48th minute I see someone being taken down the stairs on a stretcher. That entire area look distraught. I really hope the person is okay. As they are taken away i notice my mum, she's walking down the stairs with the person. To be fair I'm not surprised my mum is the sweetest women and she probably just wanted to help. I'm supirised Riley isn't with them too, she'd be the first one to help.

In the 53rd minute I see Jonas talking to one of the medical teams, his face drops during the conversation and I can see him going down the tunnel. He comes back out and takes a seat on the bench. His face is white and he won't take his eyes off me.

Have I done something?

Its now coming to the last few minutes of the game, my mum hasn't gone back to her seat and I can't see Riley or Viv either. They must of gone with the person on the stretcher.

The final whistle goes, we shake hands with the other team, we have a team huddle, Jonas doesn't look at me or even acknowledge anything I've done on the pitch, I usually speak but instead he cut the huddle short and told us to all get changed. We played well why is he acting like we were shit?

We thank the fans, I go round to the side where mum, Riley and Viv were. I was about to speak to some fans when jonas told me to go to the changing rooms. I usually spend a while with the fans and now he's cutting that short. Why is he being so off?

I go down the tunnel. Shaking my head as I do. What a prick. When I reach the changing rooms all the girls just look at me. "why does every look so miserable? We won the game. No one died." as I say this the girls faces drop more. Oh shit did someone actually die?

"leah, come sit down." Kim says to me. I see the look on everyone's faces, I then think back to the events today. Something happened in the stands, Viv was crying, my mum left with someone on a stretcher, Riley hasn't been seen since... Riley was off this morning. Oh my god.

"wha... Uh... What's happ..." I can't seem to figure out a way to ask what's happened, worried I'll hear the worst and terrified I hear her name. Katie gets me to sit down and puts her arm around me. Before she speaks I see Beth running through the door. Everyone's eyes turn to her.

"leah... We have... Come with me." Beth struggles to find her own words and I already know it's Riley, everyone reaction is screaming Riley right now. I don't have to hear her name to know it's her. As we leave everyone pats me on the back, a sign of them supporting me but for what? What am I about to be told. What the hell has happened.