Chapter 55

Leah p.o.v

Trying to sleep last night was horrendous, every hour I would wake up to cuddle Riley and realise she wasn't there. Keira had gave me a row  a few times too for my constant movement as I attempt to find some kind of comfortable position. Yet even with the lack of sleep when my alarm went off I basically jumped out of the bed bright as a button.

"IM GETTING MARRIED TODAY!" I scream at Keira who just laughs at my enthusiasm. Fuck, I can't wait to see her.

The morning was very chilled. I didn't want to be too stressed so we had some breakfast and relaxed for a while before the chaos commences.

Mumma-
Good morning babygirl, how are you feeling? X

Me-
Morning mumma, I'm good. Really excited to see her. You can come to our room if you want? Also can you check how Riley is doing too? X

Amanda p.o.v

Leah asked me to check on Riley so I message her, but I didnt get a reply so I make my way to her room. I know I am leahs mum but I can't help but want to be there for Riley today, with her having none of her parents here or any family member to support her I feel I should take on that role but I also don't want to overstep. I dont want her to feel like I'm trying to replace her actual parents.

I knock on the door and a few seconds greeted with a very stressful looking Viv. "hi sweetheart, everything okay?" her face drops and she looks to the floor. "Amanda I'm so sorry." she says and then begins to cry. Panic begins to take over but I also have to support Viv. I pull her in for a hug and once she's began to calm down she whispers out the words that almost knock me to the floor.

"she's gone."

Viv p.o.v

Throughout the night Riley runs to the toilet, I know she's nervous but I don't think that is why she's being sick. What if she's ill again? Oh my god what if the cancer is back?

I can't switch off, every time I hear her move I worry and if I don't hear her breathing I jolt up and wait to see her chest rise and fall. After a couple of hours she seems to have settled, cuddled into her pillow probably imaging its leah. She looks peaceful enough that I can settle so I slowly allow myself to fall asleep.

I wake up to my alarm going off, immediately my eyes open at the excitement of my two best friends promising to spend the rest of their lives together. My excitement was quickly changed to worry.

Riley wasn't in the bed, she wasn't in the room.

I ran to the bathroom but it was also empty. I call her but my eyes dart to her phone lighting up on her side of the bed. If she's went somewhere why has she left her phone? Maybe she's gone to get breakfast? Ten minutes pass and she's not back. I can't help but let the tears form, what is she doing?

A knock on the door comes a few moments later and I know it isn't her, she'd just walk in. What if its leah? Wait she wouldn't come here. What if its Keira? What will I say?

My mind goes blank as I see the mother of the women that is due to get married today, yet the women she's meant to be marrying isn't here. How the hell do I tell her? All my emotions take over and when she pulls me in for a hug I can't help but blurt it out.

"she's gone."

Leah p.o.v

Mums been a while, maybe Riley needed a hand? I expected my mum to play mother of the bride with both of us. I knew I would share her with Riley and I'm more than happy with that. Riley deserves to feel she has a mum on her wedding day, I wish both her parents were here but even though they aren't here in person, they are most definitely still here. I've made sure of that.