Chapter 51

Riley p.o.v

Its the night before leahs party. Im supposed to release my first song tonight after my operation, no one has heard the song and no one is expecting me to release anything but the closer it gets to being released I feel I should at least let the girls hear it. It's quite an emotional one.

"hey guys... So I have something I want you share with you." they all look towards me. "okay..." leah says slowly. God don't worry I'm not showing you my nudes. Jesus.

I play the song for them

As the song beings I know when they hear the first few lines it will give away what it is about. The song continues and I just wait for the part I know will hit them the hardest.

"Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet
Pull me out the train wreck
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out, ah
Pull me out, pull me out, pull me out."

Even I get teary hearing me sing those words. I really wasn't ready to die. I thought long and hard about ever releasing this song. It is very personal and the thought of having to sing this just brings back all the memories that I really could of died. I decided to release it as a statement to say Its okay to be vulnerable and scared.

"wow, the song is amazing." beth says. Leah and Viv stay quiet. I know itll be hard for them and that's why I needed them to hear it first. "it's being released today." I wait for their reaction. Leah looks at me with a smile. "why didn't you say we could've had a wee party to celebrate." I laugh at the irony. We are having a party, just not for that. "I just wanted you to hear it first. I have a few I want to release but this is the first. Are you all okay? This song effects you as much as it does me."  I don't want them to have to hear this all the time if itll hurt them. If they don't like it I'll release something else.

Viv stands up, I'm worried she is going to walk out but instead she sits beside me and puts her head on my shoulder. "you should release it. It's amazing, just don't be surprised if I cry everytime I hear it." she says laughing but I know she's serious.

As usual, the night of a song release I stay off my phone, I have an early night with my amazing wife to be and I don't focus on it. If it does well, then great, but I'll never fixate on it when I have no control over it. Plus I have to focus on tomorrow and getting leah to this party. "hey babe. Do you want to just go for a meal tomorrow, you know just to celebrate the song?" I ask. I haven't mentioned leahs birthday. Acting like I've forgotten.

"sounds good babe." she replies. I know she feels bad about my birthday last year and our relationship ending the day before so I know she hasn't said about her own birthday as she feels she doesn't deserve to celebrate when she kinda did ruin mine, not that I wanted to do anything for my birthday but I at least didn't want to be single for it.

My alarm blares at 8am, making leah groan in annoyance. "im going to throw that thing out the window." she huffs and rolls over, patting the bed where I usually am but finding nothing. I laugh at her sleepy attempt to find me. "why are you out of bed already, we always have morning cuddles." you would not think this women turns 26 today as she sticks her bottom lip out to me. "I know but we said we would go out for dinner so i need to get an outfit. Thought you might want to too? Also Id rather be busy today, I don't want to have a chance to check my phone." I pretend to be nervous about the song release but in reality I don't care, I just need an excuse to keep leah busy today.

She agrees, I knew she would if I said it was for me. She'd do anything for me. We get ready and go out. We get our hair and nails done, we go shopping, leah gets a few things and I get an outfit. It isn't tonight's outfit but I had to get something or she'd catch on. Whilst she's busy looking for an outfit for tonight I take this opportunity to pick up some last minute gifts for her.