Chapter 16

Leah p.o.v

I slowly walk behind Beth. Still trying to persuade her to go home. I don't want to be here I want to see Riley. "leah." Beth says turning around and smiling. "what?" I say and look in front of her. It's riley. She's stood with a microphone and I'm so confused. Before I can talk to her she begins to sing. I've never heard this song before and I've never heard her sing like this before. She is amazing. I am in shock. What is happening right now and who wrote this song. Did Riley write this? The song and voice continues to remind me of Cooper and its driving me insane. I wish Ella hadn't put the idea in my head. Riley looks so beautiful, I listen to the lyrics and I immediately realise its about me. Us. She is singing about someone lifting her up and helping her. I know this song is about me and Its breaking my heart. I have to tell her. Riley finishes the song and I can feel the tears stream down my face. I'm about to break her heart. Riley is now standing in front of me. I go to speak but she does first. "leah, I'm Cooper." it takes a moment to register what she's just said. I was so sure of what I was going to say to her and now I'm shocked. Riley is Cooper? She told me she never heard of her. She let me make a fool of myself in front of my friends by saying she wasn't Cooper and that she'd tell me if she was. I can't even be annoyed because what I'm about to say is worse. But I am mad and I don't even think before I let the words fall. "Jordan kissed me." oh my god that was the worst way to tell her. In public. With Beth and viv standing there and I didn't even explain. I could see Rileys face drop. Her eyes begin to water and I just want to hold her. I don't even have a chance to say anything before Riley runs away. I go to run after her but viv pushes me back. "don't!" "viv it wasnt my fault." I defend myself. "yeah, Jordan kissed her." Beth stands up for me. "so what? Youve just heard her sing a fucking song she wrote about you and how much you've made her stronger, helped her. Basically begging not to be abandoned by you. She tells you she is actually your favourite music artist and your reply to all of that is you kissed your ex... Oh wait sorry she fucking kisses you. That conversation should of been had in private. She didnt fucking deserve it." viv shouts and I've never seen her like this. Even Beth looks at her shocked." viv, I'm sorry..."." save it leah, go back to the house and I'll go find Riley." viv walks away and I just stand there. Frozen. Cold. I need Riley. I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't fucking kiss her. I am so annoyed I punch and hit anything i can. I want to scream so loud and drop to the ground sobbing but I know it won't resolve anything so I go back to the car and go home. Hoping that Riley will turn up. Hoping I haven't lost her.

Riley p.o.v

My heart is breaking, my body is shaking and I can barely breathe. I run. I don't know what else to do. Leah told me her ex kissed her right after I wrote her a song and told her I was cooper. Why do it right after? Was that a hint that she doesn't want this anymore? Was this her way of saying we were done? I wish i didn't run off because now I have so many questions that I need her to answer but what else was I meant to do? I felt so lost. I stop running and I can feel my body collapsing below me before my body hits the ground I feel a pair of hands catch me. "it's okay, I've got you." it's viv. I just let the tears fall and I sob into her. We sit like this for a few moments and I start to calm down. I look up at viv and she wipes my tears away. "what do I do viv?" I can't take this pain. I want to run as far away as possible but I know It won't do me any good to run from this. "you need to talk to leah, find out what happened and see if you can resolve it together. From what I've heard Jordan kissed her and leah didn't kiss her back but that doesn't mean your feelings aren't valid and you aren't hurt. So speak to leah and make your decision then." Vic says and smiles. " I'm so scared for what she's going to say, Im scared to breakdown in front of her and her feel sorry for me and that being the only reason she decides to stay with me. Maybe she does want Jordan." why would she tell me like that if she didn't have feelings for Jordan. " I've never seen leah more in love than she is with you. I've never seen her face light up as much as it does when she hears your name or talks about you. Im so mad at her for how she dealt with it but I also know leah and I know she wouldn't of done this to hurt you. I don't know why she said it the way she did but I know she loves you. ... The song was beautiful by the way" viv says reminding me I told leah I was Cooper and she didn't even flinch. "leah didn't even seem phased by it." "oh I'm sure when it sinks in she'll be phased." viv laughs.