Chapter 35

Riley p.o.v

It has been a couple weeks since leah set up the surprise for me. I didn't stop telling people about it for at least a week, I was just so happy and it meant so much to me. Reading the book she created of all the things she learnt about me and loved about me was so beautiful. I couldn't believe she did all that for me. Especially for her to put a plaque up for my mum and dad, I can't explain how I feel knowing they are only a couple hours away now. I feel like England is finally my home and leah was able to make that a possibility. I've never had someone care about me as much as she does.

Because we agreed to take things slow I did move back into my own house. Mainly so we could actually start over again. It was hard to do it but it's been good for us. Leah stays over at my house once a week and I stay at hers at the weekend, usually because she has a game on so I watch the game and spend the weekend with her and the girls.

Tonight leah is staying at mine, I'm picking her up after training so I grab a Starbucks and head to training to watch the last half an hour. I had a meeting with Megan this morning, I have a few sessions in the studio this week in preparation for my new song release. No one has heard it yet, not even leah but it'll be released on Friday and I think I want to keep it a surprise until then.

I make it to meadow Park and make my way to the pitch. All the staff know me now so it's great I get to just do what I want basically. I take a seat and the first person to notice me is Viv. "hey, how are you?" she says sitting next to me. "freezing. How the hell do you all kick about is shorts." Viv laughs at me but hands me a jacket. "don't worry it's leahs, here's a pair of gloves too. It's easier to handle the cold when you're always on the move." I put the jacket and gloves on and thank Viv for them. She gets called away by Jonas but when she leaves the one person I didn't expect to keep me company, come over. "hey, mind if I sit?" I question it at first, remembering how our last conversation went but I nod anyway. "sure if you can come up with a way to keep me warm that would be fantastic." she laughs at my comment. "I actually can come up with a few ways to keep you warm but it includes running up and down the pitch. We can share a blanket if you want?" "yes please my legs are starting to shake." she laughs at me again and puts some of her blanket over me. "Im glad you're here, I was going to message you but wasn't sure if you'd blocked me." "of course I haven't blocked you. Whatever has happened is in the past, I hope we can move past it." "that's what I wanted to talk about, Riley I am so sorry for everything I put you through. This is the first relationship leah has had since me and I guess it took a bit of getting used to. I never hated you or even disliked you which annoyed me more because I wanted to dislike you but that's just petty of me. I heard what happened at the club and I wanted to reach out then but I knew it wasn't the time or my place. Then when you and leah broke up I again wanted to check on you but it wasn't my place. I didnt get to go to the euros but I know how much it hurt leah that you weren't experiencing it together, or your tour. Which by the way you did amazing." I smile at her. "thank you Jordan, I have no hard feelings towards you and I never have done. You're an amazing person and I know it has been hard for you watching leah be with someone else. I never wanted to hurt you though. I'm sorry you didn't get to go to the euros but I'm positive you'll be lifting that world Cup next year." Jordan smiles at me and laughs. "ah yeah as long as i don't strain myself too much Im hoping I get the call up. Its not been easy to watch from the sidelines but I couldnt be prouder of them all." "have you heard anything about the friendlies next month? Do you think you'll get picked in the squad?" "I don't know. I hope so, I think I've proven myself but then again so has everyone else." Jordan looks a little deflated and Its hard to watch. I can't imagine what she's gone through and the mental ability to keep going even after the setbacks and injuries. "I believe In you, I believe youll make it." I chat to Jordan for the remainder of training and we actually have a good laugh and get on great.

"hey, ready to go?" leah says coming over to me and Jordan. She looks between us both as if shes trying to work out if everything is okay or not. "yeah, is it okay if jordan comes over for a little bit?" leahs eyes almost pop out at my statement. "yeah, uh, sure. If you both are okay with it." Jordan agrees, we all say our goodbyes to the girls and I can see the confusion on their faces too I know it's strange but it's also maturing and realising the ex or the new partner isn't the enemy and they can get along.

We arrive back at mine and I can tell Jordans feels a bit awkward. "do youse want to play a couple games of fifa?" both of their faces light up. "you sure you want to go against two professional footballers?" Jordan says making leah laugh. "oh don't worry jords, Rileys already won against Lucy and keira." Jordans raises her eyebrow and smirks. "bet they hated that." she says making us all laugh. "yeah funnily enough I've never been invited to play with them again." I say making them both laugh again.

We play a few games of fifa and like the Queen I am I bet them both. "I guess I won't be invited to play with you both again either." I say with smug grin. "how the hell... What even... Like how?" jordan is speachless and it makes me giggle. "what can I say, women of many talents." I wink. Jordan just huffs and sits back crossing her arms. "do you want to stay for dinner?" both Jordan and leah look at me. Leah with a lot of confusion and Jordan looked happy. Or at least felt comfortable. "I don't want to intrude. Its your time together." leah finally speaks up. "its okay, Jordan. We didn't have plans anyway." I make eye contact with leah and silently thank her. Jordan agrees to stay for dinner and then we took her home. "thank you for today, it was good to have some fun." Jordan says before she gets out the car. "no problem at all, thank you for the company." I say. As soon as jordan leaves leah turns to me. "so... What was that all about?" she says with her eyebrow raised. I laugh as I know she's been confused the whole time. "Jordan spoke to me for a bit whilst you were training. She apologised and explained she found it hard when you moved on from her, which I can understand. When we broke up I was broken and the thought of you with someone else made me feel sick, so I understand why she did what she did, even if it was hurtful. Jordan missed out on the euros and all I can imagine is if that was you. How soul destroying it would be for you. So I wanted her to know she wasn't alone. Just like you showed me I wasn't alone." leahs eyes are still glued to me as I drive. "what?" I say laughing slightly. "you. Just you. If it was anyone else they'd of ignored Jordan for the rest of their life, but not you. Not my Riley." I get butterflies when she calls me 'her Riley.' I smile at her and hold her hand for the rest of the drive home.

"oh, how was your meeting with Megan?" leah says as she puts a movie on. "yeah it was good. Got to go to the studio tomorrow so I might not see you till later on, if you want to see me obviously." leah laughs at me and kisses my head. "obviously I want to see you, If I finish training before you, can you just come to mine?" leahs eyes filled with hope. "yeah babe, of course. I'm not staying though, it's not the weekend." leah rolls her eyes playfully. "uh huh, forgot I only get custody of you at the weekends." she says making me laugh. "shut up, you agreed it was best for me to stay here whilst we work on us." I give a knowing look to her. "I didn't say I would enjoy it though." this time I roll my eyes. "I don't either but it hopefully won't be for long." leah smiles at my reply. "what you working on in the studio?" "my new song." I say with a wink. "what? Let me hear it?" I smirk and shake my head. "nope, it's a surprise. Although I did write it when we weren't together." leah frowns at me. "is it a Diss track?" I burst out laughing. "yeah absolutely." I joke but leah doesn't look impressed. "whats it called?" she continues to quiz me. "it's called 'none of your business'" I say still smirking. "no but really is it a sad song about how much I hurt you?" I feel bad for her because she looks so concerned. "no, of course not. You didn't hurt me either stop thinking like that. We had a bad patch in our relationship that was all. If you really must know the name of the song it's called 'say you love me.' but that's all I'm letting you know. You'll hear it very soon." leah smiles at the name of the song but I can still see the worry on her face. "I love you." she says holding my hand. "I love you more than I can put into words." I say kissing her cheek.

"we will get back together, right?"

Author*

Short one today sorry guys. I hope you like it