Chapter 52

Leah p.o.v

Some may say It was romantic of me to pick the day I made my WSL debut as my wedding day, some may call it selfless or that I'm a hopeless romantic... My fiancé, would disagree with those people.

"no, no, noooo. Ugh, for fuck sake." Riley shouts at her phone and storms out the room. Beth, Viv and I give the same look to each other as we have done all week. "who's turn is it to go cheek on bridezilla?" Beth jokes to us. To be fair I didn't really think about how much planning goes into a wedding and I was probably a little optimistic that we could arrange our wedding in less than a month but we live and we learn and so far I have learnt that it is not a good idea to plan a wedding with such little time, as my fiancé has none stop stressed from start to finish.

"it's definitely leahs turn." Viv winks at me. It's been my turn for the last three outbursts. I think it's my punishment for making her this stressed. I dramatically huff and go to find my little gremlin.

"babe, you okay?" I cautionally open the bedroom door, surprisingly Riley seems calm, she's laying on the bed still on her phone. "I swear Williamson this better be the best bloody wedding on the planet and I'm due a seriously long holiday after all this." she runs her fingers through her hair but smiles so I know she's joking.

I sit on the bed next to her, I watch as she frantically scrolls through every wedding shop she can find. "do you need some help?" I ask but instantly regret it. "not from you, you can't see my wedding dress, which by the way I've had to change three times. Each time I like one and pick it, they don't have it in stock, which means I'd have to wait for it to come, then try it on, then get it altered. In two weeks, leah two weeks we get married and i have no dress. The venue needs to know numbers but not everyone has RSVPd. I havent written my vowels, I haven't picked my bridesmaids, I don't know who's going to walk me down the aisle, maybe no one I don't care. I have got to release a song by tomorrow night and I just want to sit, eat ice cream and throw my phone out the window." Riley barely takes a breathe as she lists everything. Wow I didn't know she needed to do all of that, I guess I was so focused on my own tasks I didn't realise the load she had too. It was easier for me, I had it all planned out, bridesmaids picked, maid of honour picked, dad's going to walk me down, I had my vowels written, I had my dress picked. I also had more time though, I would go after training whereas Riley had lots of hours to log in the studio and deadlines to meet for Sony. Yet she'd still come to my games and make time for me so then she has so much more to do.

I have to help her, so i go down and ask the girls to come up, I also call my mum and she agrees to come over. We all sit with Riley, each helping her with something different. Mum calls everyone to get numbers on who's coming, Viv and Riley look at dressed, Beth and I look at all her new songs to find one to release tomorrow. We make quick progress, Riley has seen a dress she liked. Mum got almost all the guests we needed RSVPs for and Beth and I found two songs we think would be good to release.

"thank you all so much, I forgot I had a whole team behind me to help and I just did too much myself." Riley doesn't look as stressed anymore, she is smiling and she looks so much more at ease. "it was our pleasure, please ask anytime if you need help. Okay? Now it's just three guests you have to get replies from but i left very stern messages for them to be in contact ASAP." mum says making me laugh, I can only imaging what she's said.

"who were they?" Riley asks still giggling at my mum. "the first one was Lauren hemp. Assuming she will be there but we need confirmations, the second was bakayo saka, Im sure he said he would be there when I seen him Sunday but I might of misheard so I have told him to call. Oh and lastly we are still waiting on Ian Wright and I swear if he just shows up I will personally see he does not get in. For the cheek of ignoring me, his bestie." she has so much sass. I love her, can only imagine how saka is going to feel, he will probably cry and send her flowers for forgetting.