Chapter 30

Riley p.o.v

Its been a couple months since arsenal's game against lyon. Since that day I made a point to go to all of leahs games, even if they were in another country. However, I've just been offered to do a tour. A fucking European tour. I was excited at first but the realisation that I'll be away from leah, from my home and everyone I care about set in and I started to doubt if I should do it or not.

Its June 13th, the day I always dread. Today was the day my dad died. The day before my birthday. I havent told anyone that it's today. Mainly because I can't be bothered with anyone treating me differently and also because then leah would know it's my birthday tomorrow and I don't really care for it. Like what exactly am I celebrating? The women that brought me into the world was gone, the man that helped create me is gone. Its hardly a day to celebrate. I would usually visit my dad's resting place today but I didn't know how to do that without telling leah.

"good morning beautiful." leah says. Her morning voice is so hot. "good morning baby, did you sleep okay?" "mmhm, I slept great. Now come cuddle." leah wraps her arms around me and I settle into her chest. We lay like this for a while before we hear Beth shout that breakfast is ready.

We all have breakfast and I take myself off for a shower. Much to leahs disappointment I didn't invite her to join. I don't know how to get around telling her what I'm doing today. If I'm going I have to go soon in order to get there and back today.

"hey babe I'm going out today, Ill be out until late but I'll message you as much as I can and let you know when I'll be back." I say to leah hoping she doesn't ask too many questions. "okay love, I have training later but ill message you when I can too." phew. I get dressed and say my goodbyes. "I love you, I'll see you tonight." "I love you. Can't wait for more cuddles." leah kisses me and I leave.

I decide to get the train to Scotland, it takes about 3 hours but I only plan to be in Scotland for about and hour and then head back. I board the train and put my music on. Drowning out everything around me, I really hate today and I can't wait till its over and I'm back with leah.

Leah p.o.v

"so where even is Riley today?" Beth asks as we are leaving for training. "no clue, she just said she was going out. She's got that tour coming up so probably just stuff for that." I say keeping my eyes on the road. "when does she leave for it?" viv says and I can see she's a bit sad. I know she has like a sisterly bond with Riley so she'll miss her too. "in two weeks. Not that I'm counting." I say a bit deflated. I'm so proud of Riley but knowing she'll be so far away for long periods of time just makes me sad. The only good thing about this is its also the euros. So when Riley is busy so am I. Riley has also made sure she'll be back for all my euro games if we make it to the final but it sucks I can't go and support her tour like she can support my football. "oh shit." Beth says looking at her phone. "what?" Beth looks at me and then shows viv her phone. "guys ill pull over, what is it?" I say trying not to get annoyed. "Riley is in Scotland" Beth says.

We drive to training in silence. I can't work out why she's in Scotland. I just wanted to get to training and find out what's going on. The minute I parked I pull my phone out. Yep. Headlines everywhere. "Riley Cooper has just gotten off a train at Edinburgh waverly." "Riley Cooper spotted in the town she grew up." "Riley Cooper looks to of been crying. Has her relationship with England captain leah Williamson came to an end." I read the last one and frown. No we aren't fucking over. "look they make up shit all the time, we know you are still together." viv says. "yeah but does Riley?" the girls look at me confused. "what?" Beth questions. "well she's the one that's gone to Scotland. She does look like she's upset. She didnt tell me she was going so maybe this is her leaving me. Maybe it was too hard for her." I can feel the tears forming. "leah just call her. Don't get upset." I walk away from the girls to call Riley. It might not be the best time because I'm fucking pissed.