Chapter 11

Riley p.o.v

I woke up screaming in a puddle of my own sweat. Great I haven't missed this. Since staying with leah the nightmares had stopped. I had full night sleeps and i thought that maybe they'd stopped altogether but nope the first night apart and I've woke up because of one. It's 4am so I decide there's no point to going back to bed. I go for a shower and make myself a coffee. I don't start work till 7 so I have time to kill till then so I play on my phone for a little bit. Leah got me into sudoku and we now try and beat each others high scores. She's better than me so far but I will beat her. One day. I haven't told leah about my nightmares or that I struggle to sleep I didn't want her to worry especially when she has to be away for periods of time, the last thing she needs is to worry about me. Im still angry that she was hurt because of me but she told me she'd talk to Lauren and make  up. At the end of the day they are family and a team and I do not want that to change. Its half 6 so I decide to message leah quickly to tell her good morning and then head off to work. I hope today is a good day.

Leah p.o.v

Ugh, I can't fucking sleep. Its 4:30 and I've been staring at the roof for about an hour. I just can't switch off. I know Riley has work In the morning so she'll be fast asleep and I don't want to message her incase she wakes up so I decided to just play some sudoku to pass the time.

"are you being serious" I hear a sleepy Georgia say. "what?" I reply back. "it's 5am and you're playing sudoku." she huffs. "can't sleep" is all I say back. "you want to talk?" she asks still half asleep. "no, go back to sleep. I'll talk to you in the morning... Well a reasonable time in the morning" I laugh. Georgia agrees and tells me to get some sleep too.

Its half 6 and I decide to just get up and get ready. Just as I get out of bed my phone pings.

Riley: good morning love, I hope you had a good sleep. That's me off to work but ill message when I can and you just do the same as I know you'll be busy today too. I hope your face is okay and I'll give it lots of kisses when you're home. Miss you x
Leah: good morning gorgeous. I slept alright, I hope you did as well. Not the same without your cuddles. My face is fine please don't worry but kisses are always welcomed from you. I miss you. Have a good day at work and ill message you as much as I can ❤️

I lie about how I slept but I don't want her to worry about me more than she already is. I do miss her like crazy but I know how important this camp is to us and our process through euros. We need as much training and team bonding as we can. That's why i need to sort this shit out with Lauren and move on from it. The team needs us both.

It's now 10am it's gym day so we are all in the gym listening to music and focusing on our fitness. "oh my god! Guys cooper has released a new song!" tooney screams. "what? No way, put It on!" Beth says excited. Cooper is a singer, she keeps her identity a secret and only puts her songs on Spotify. She has never confirmed her sexuality but all the girls think she's a lesbian and her songs are amazing. She only brings out a song or two every few months but when she does they're always so good, I feel like i can always relate to her songs. I can't wait to hear her new one. "it's called cupid. Let me play it, Hang on." tooney says excited. The song starts to play and we all listen to the lyrics.

Author *the song is called cupid by xana if you want to find it and listen to it*

Lyrics -
"It’s like coming up for air
I’ve spent a long time breathing
Under waters meant for drinking
And I wanna see you there
When I’m rolling over in the morning
Catching sunlight under covers
I know it aint always fair
And the nights are getting longer
I’ve seen love in every color
But I never felt this
I wanna thank the gods for it
Don’t know if they exist
But if all that is true
I know they built me just for you
Just for you
Just for you"