Chapter 2. Task force 141

During the longest ride of your life, you and Captain Price chatted it up about the missiles, what his theories were and how they got their hands on them. He then briefly told you about the guys in the team. There was Sergeant John "Soap" MacTavish, he was apart of the British 22nd Special Air Service Regiment. Cheeky guy, Price calls him the child of the group. Then there was Sergeant Kyle "Gaz" Garrick, was previously serving in the Duke Of Lancaster Regiment. Price said this is the arse of the group, but he gets shit done. And then there stood the final man, Lieutenant Simon "Ghost" Riley.  Also former British 22nd Special Air Service Regiment. Field commander subordinate to Captain MacTavish. Price said this man probably scares him the most out of the 3, besides the fact he wears a mask and no one's ever seen his face. Or if they did, didn't live long enough to tell about it.

"Geez, the guys seem interesting." You nodded as you swayed to the movement of the car. "Anything else I should know before I meet them?" You asked with your eyes staring out the vehicle window seeing the unfamiliar surroundings of this base.

"Just don't take anything they say to heart." He spoke turning to look at you in the back seat. The vehicle rolled to a stop and you contemplated a few seconds before grabbing the door handle opening the door.

'Captain! Took ya long enough!" A man appeared patting Price on the shoulder.

" Gaz, it was maybe a few hours. Had to pick up the lass right here." He spoke to the now nameless face, who you now knew was Gaz. He spoke your full name in question and reached out his hand to greet you, in which you extended your own hand giving the man a firm handshake.

"Okay so you're Gaz. That checked meeting you off the list." You smiled softly. You parted hands and returned your arm to your side, Gaz did the same.

'What else did you tell the poor girl?" Gaz questioned Price.

"Aye nothing, just gave her the brief run down of each of you. Where's Ghost and Soap?" Price asked crossing his arms.

"Soap's in the rec room, ghost's in his room per usual." Gaz spoke scratching the back of his neck.

"Well go in and get Ghost. tell him We're having a brief meet up in the rec room." Price softly ordered.

"On it sir." Gaz spoke quickly turning on his heel to head inside the building that landed in front of you.

"I'll show you to your room so you can drop off your belongings before we meet in the Rec room." Price spoke taking your bag that hung off your shoulder. It was a weird gesture, people didn't normally take your own bag from your hands to carry it for you. Especially in this field of work. You chose not to question and followed Captain Price through the doors and down the wide hallways.

Once Price had shown you to your small room and you placed your belongings down, you followed the tall Captain back down the hall taking a right down an intersecting hall entering a room that had a Blue door separating it from the rest. In this room there was a small kitchen area with a large fridge, microwave and a small stove neighboring a countertop with drawers and cupboards above it. There was a large grey couch that accented the room facing a wall with a fairly large tv mounted. On that couch sat a man with a short Mohawk in the center of his head, game controller in his hand, and leaning intensely over the small coffee table towards the large tv screen. Your eyes suddenly caught vision of someone standing off to the side near the small table in the corner. You internally jumped at the sight of the skull mask. Something you weren't expecting.

'That must be ghost, I'm assuming.' You thought to yourself as your eyes wandered to the man on the couch.

'Then that must be Soap.'

Your eyes fell back on the masked man who's tired brown eyes were staring at you, his mask covered his whole head, with only a inch slit vertically just big enough for his eyes to peer through. You broke your stare quickly to look at Price who was no longer beside you.

'Alright Gents, I appreciate you showing up." He tilted his head eyes glancing at the masked man. "Come on over, they don't bite. Soap, Ghost, this is Officer F/n L/n. She's one of the Army's best Artillery and missiles tech the army has had in the past decade. I have asked General Shepard to assigned her to 141 to help retrieve the location or various locations of the missiles that were hijacked during transport.." Price took a breathe as his eyes scanned the room while you approached his side.

"May I ask why sir?" A strong Brit accent erupted from the masked man who you were positive was Ghost but had gotten no confirmation. "Shepard think we need a babysitter on locating them?"

" L/n built those missile from scratch, she is the only one who knows those things like the back of her hand. With these Russians tampering with them by removing their Tracking devices, they are more prone to remove any evidence it is US military weaponry, hence we need her to confirm if we have sightings of one that they are in fact hers." Price spoke grabbing a stool not far from him, pulling it behind him to prop himself onto the edge intertwining his hands in his lap.

"Ease up ghost, extra help. why you bitchin?" The man on the couch spoke playing the controller down. "Pleasure to work with you" Soap smiled extending his hand to shake yours. Ghost said nothing as his eyes scanned the men and then fell back on you. You shook Soap's hand quickly.

"I do hope I can assist you guys the way I'm intended to." You spoke awkwardly really not knowing what to say when you had a pair of annoyed eyes in you.

"She got an field experience? War experience? She even know how to fight?" Ghost spoke directly to Price as if you weren't physically in the room.

"That's where you boys come in." Price interjected noticing Ghost's tone. "We've got roughly a 3 month deadline in finding those missiles. Hopefully sooner because god knows what'll happen If the Russians use our own fucking missiles on us.  I'm counting on you 3..." Price exaggerated the 3 as Gaz had slyly entered the room whilst Price spoke. "To help ms. L/n on revision of some things and to help her prepare."  You heard a genuine scoff come from ghost.

'Jesus, someone's got something up his ass.' You thought as he suddenly exited the rec room without further words.

"Don't mind him, lass. He gets like this, nothing against you." Soap spoke placing his hand on your shoulder briefly. You nodded in response as your eyes watched the door. First this man wore a mask so you couldn't put a face to the name, then he intermittently questions your place as if Price hasn't confirmed why you were there. Sure, you probably weren't capable yet of some of the things you were to endure but you sure as shit weren't entirely useless.

"Tomorrow, 8am. The boys will with you. hopefully." Price huffed glancing at Gaz and Soap about 'Ghost'.  "I've got some things to take care of but if you have an further questions, I'll be on the 4th door from the left if you exit this room and take a left. I'm sure soap will be happy to assist any tours or other questions you have in this moment. I'll leave you to it. " price concluded smiling before hopping off his stool to exit the Rec room. Was it too late to decline this order?