Chapter 7. Recharge

The minute the helicopter landed on the ground, price booked it to come greet you all. But most importantly you. He wanted the information in person instead of over the coms. Once the large blades that carried the helicopter came to a stop, Price's eyes fluctuated directly on you. Your eyes met price's gaze.

'Give me good news l/n." Price pleaded.

"They're not ours, sir." You spoke softly

"Shit!" Price cursed placing his hands onto his hips as he walked in a small frustrated circle. "Are you absolutely positive?"

"Yes sir-"

You even look long enough at the damn th-" Price started to go off almost upset, not at you but the fact we're back to square one. Mid sentence, he was cut off by ghost.

"Captain you heard her. They're not ours." He interjected staying in his place.

"Fuck! I know" Price caved bringing both his hands on top of his head. 'Alright go rest up, relax. I have to talk to Shepard.' He huffed as he parted from the group before anyone else could say anything.

"Move night in the rec room?" Soap asked taking his backpack off his shoulders as he scanned everyone in the group.

"I'm in." Gaz responded

"Let me shower off the Russian ass that's radiating off of me and then I'll be there." You chuckled as everyone eyes cleared to Ghost who still hasn't answered.

"No." He quickly spoke taking as his exit ticket to head to his room. Normally soap would've went after him or tried to convince him but you all just kind of let him go. You were kind of upset he said no, not because of the fact he'd actually want to conversate with you but more of the fact it's be cool have everyone hang out not because of work.

"Well I'll meet you all in the Rec room after I shower. You guys probably should too, I can smell you from here." You joked which instantly they both shot you a look of hurt, soap lifted his arm to smell his armpit and Gaz lifted his shirt up to his nose. You chuckled at their unison movements and parted before they could come back with any remarks saying they didn't smell.

The hot water felt amazing in your burning sore legs. Your whole body ached all over but it was your legs were the ones that caused you the most grief. You wrapped up the shower, changing into a sports bra, tank top, and some sweatpants, something comfy and not agitating to your sore body. You grabbed your small blanket off your bed, throwing it over your shoulders making your way towards the Rec room. You walked into to Soap and Gaz fighting over which move they wanted to watch.

"Christ, what are you both twatting about now?" You asked making your way to the fridge for a drink.

"Gaz wants to watch Step Brothers but I want to watch Game Night." Soap huffed sending Gaz a side eye.

"We'll here let me settle the debate. Stepbrothers and then maybe if we're up to it, we'll watch Game Night after. Sounds good?" You laughed taking a seat on the right corner of the couch. Soap grumbled something to Gaz in which he responded with laughter but you couldn't quite catch what he said. Gaz took the seat neighboring your in the left and soap sat on his left. The right corner of the couch extended about 3 feet longer than the rest of the couch making it to where you could laid down if you genuinely wanted to but you attempted to stay on one square cushion in hopes maybe ghost would lurk in at some point. You honestly weren't sure why you hoped he'd come by so bad. Maybe you just felt bad you were all together without him.

"Wise movie choice" Gaz whispered to you while he held his beer in his left hand. You smiled and breathed out a chuckle leaning against the backrest if the couch, covering your lap with your blanket getting comfortable just as the movie started to play. Your eyes glanced passed Gaz to see Soap protesting while his eyes were glued to the screen.

"Soap you're ridiculous." You chuckled shaking your head. "Now I know why they call you the baby of the group."

"What do they call me?" He asked snapping his head to look directly at you.

"Nothing, they call you nothing. I'm kidding." You laughed taking a sip of water you had just grabbed from the fridge.

"Okay shush shush, movies starting." Gaz barked playfully. You leaned back letting the screen absorb your attention.

Roughly half way through the movie, you had to pee. You quickly excused yourself momentarily to run to your room to relieve yourself. After doing so, in the way back from your room you noticed one of the other rooms door was slightly parted about 3 inches. Your nosey eyes glanced inside quickly to see ghost who was just now taking off his gear as well as his shirt. Your eyes caught the sight of his toned back and you quickly broke your gaze feeling like you were intruding. He turned around and his eyes caught you staring through his cracked door causing you to flee, booking it down the hall back to the Rec room. You scolded yourself for peering in and being nosey once you sat back down on the couch. Which made it hard to focus back in on the movie. He caught you staring at him getting undressed, how embarrassing. He's definitely gonna question you about it next time he sees you. Which is going to be awkward.

Roughly 15 minutes goes by and a pair of footsteps ascends into the room. The three of you turned to find the source to see Ghost, now in a black sweatshirt and sweats making his way to the kitchen area. The minute you turned around, your eyes met his briefly before he broke his stare away focusing it in the path in front of him. Your eyes fell to your lap nervously before turning your full attention back to the movie.

"You gonna join us now, Simon?" Soap asked turning his head to look at ghost rummaging through the cabinets.

'Are you watching something stupid?" Ghost asked turning to face the couch as he was opening a package of pop tarts.

"Well right now we are, Step Brothers. But we're gonna watch Game night afterwards." Soap responded. Gaz furrowed his brows snapping a glare at Soap.

"There he goes again. You did it this time, ghost." Gaz chuckled

"Game night is a stupid movie, Soap." ghost spoke as he round the couch pulling up a chair on the right side of the couch planting himself down and putting his feet in the end of the extended part of the sofa you were on.

"It's literally not!" Soap barked.

"Alright alright." Gaz spoke silencing the still butter Soap. Your eyes glanced at ghost and then back towards the movie, happy he decided to join you three. Even if it was just for a little. Though you had a feeling, you were going to be asked about what happened back in the hallway.