Chapter 8. Improvement

The night dragged on, Step brothers had ended and you had never seen a man so excited as Soap that the Movie ended. He put on Game Night but Gaz ended up leaving midway through to go to bed. Soap stayed til the end but quickly rounding it up grabbing a beer to take to his room. Ghost stayed through the ending of Step Brothers and Through Game night. You really weren't a fan of Game Night but Soap wanted to watch it so bad.

"Goodnight guys, see you tomorrow." Soap finished taking himself through the door and down the hall singing the Game Night ending credits. You laughed shaking your head losing your gaze onto the now turned off Tv feeling your anxiety rise with the silence between you and Ghost. You sent a small glance and he had stared ahead of him at who knows what.

"Listen if you're still here because of what happened in the hallway, I'm sorry I-" you started fumbling with your fingers in your lap when he cut you off.

"It's fine." He spoke short, eyes still forward gazing into nothingness.

"It wasn't my place to look through the door. I'll admit that and I really have no explanation. I just-" you started to mumble "you shouldn't have left your door open while you were changing." You tried to project.

"Well I wasn't expecting someone to stand there and watch me do so." Ghost spoke low, his accent thick mixed with rasp. He exhaled standing up grabbing your empty water bottle discarding it with his empty drink. "Night L/N, get some sleep." He finished hesitantly walking out of the room.

You sat on the couch for a few minutes longer contemplating what just happened. 'It's fine?' You replayed his response. Your cheeks were hot from the embarrassment.

"What the fuck." You whispered to yourself. You took a few minutes to collect yourself before standing up from the couch rounding the piece of furniture towards the door. You made your way into your room planting yourself in your bed eventually dozing off.

——————

Your eyes fluttered open lazily as the sun through the small window blinded you greatly. You squinted the sun away attempting to roll over. In doing so, your body cried for help. Your body was so incredibly sore from running yesterdays events. You groaned in annoyance as you slowly forced yourself up and out of bed.

You grabbed your phone quickly checking the time. It read 7:30Am. 'Fuck was I supposed to meet Ghost In the field?' You thought standing up quickly, ignoring the soreness. You swung your door open. You took a step out into the hall and to your right against the wall stood ghost with his arms crossed.

"Was it- Were we supposed to? I didn't sent an ala- fuck I'm so sorry!" You started rambled placing your hand on your head. "Why didn't you bang on the door? How long have you been there?" He brought up his wrist looking at his watch.

" since... 6:30. Didn't show up to the field so I came here to wait for you to wake up." He grumbled but there was no annoyance in his tone. He didn't sound mad, or upset of any sort.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?" You asked again leaning against the doorframe.

"You needed sleep." He retorted gently. "Get dressed and meet me in the yard in 15." You spoke jumping off of the wall and turning to walk down the hall disappearing after awhile.
You stood there taken back by his calm tone he had with you. He let you sleep? You went into your room quickly changed and helped yourself outside. Ghost stood in the field inspecting it or more of taking in his surroundings.

"Alright let's get this show on the road." You huffed stopping in your tracks right in front him. Ghost pulled a hand gun from his belt. "Woah okay wait what are you doing?" You asked eyes falling onto the hand gun.

"You're gonna attempt to remove this from my hand." He spoke. "It's not loaded, empty clip. Chambers empty."

"I'm going to what?" You asked baffled, eyes fluctuating between the gun and his eyes.

"Remove it from my hand. Knock it out of my hand, kick it away or take it and point directly at me." Ghost repeated slowly.

"Okay" you hesitated to say planning how to attack in your head. Ghost heavily aimed the gun towards you like a scenario you may face in the near future.

You ducked down quickly, charging Ghost. Swatting your hand up into his set of arms holing the hand gun, knocking it off course and giving him a harder chance to aim it at you again. He tried to recollect himself but before he could get the chance to, you whirled around him kicking the back of the knee causing his legs to give out sending him to the ground. He tried to throw his elbow into your side but you ultimately dodged leaving a gap between his elbow and your side. You wrapped your arm around his neck while he brought his hands up to remove you. You used your free arm to grab the hand holding the gun.

Because he was too focused on removing you from his neck, his grip on the hand gun had loosened giving you an opening to take it. And that is what you did aiming it into his back.

"Gotcha." You finally spoke removing your grip from his neck and taking a step back, giving ghost time to retrieve himself. "Now did you let me win or was that something I actually won fair and square." A abrupt breathed chuckle escaped through his mask but stopped instantly.

"Guess we'll never know." He spoke as he stood up grabbing the hand gun from you. "You're a hell of a lot better than you were almost 2 weeks ago. Good shit"

"We'll I appreciate the rewarding words, lieutenant." You spoke slightly out of breathe. "I've got a good teacher. He doesn't speak much unless I do something wrong. Nonetheless, learned a lot from him." You joked smiling at him.

"He sounds like a good teacher" ghost pointed out taking a step back, his dark brown eyes staring into yours. "Again."

"Challenge accepted"