Chapter 28. In the dark

(Friendly reminder: if you see spelling errors, you know what to do👩🏼‍🦯👩🏼‍🦯👩🏼‍🦯👩🏼‍🦯👩🏼‍🦯)

"You really think you'll get far?" Shepard's voice spoke through the phone.

"You have a lot of fucking nerve." You spat while you walked around the small table. Your anger was rising, you could physically feel your body heat up with the rage. "You're going down for this. I'll make sure of it." You hissed and a chuckle came from the other end.

"I'm giving you the opportunity here." Shepard started. " for this to go without bigger problems... you go with the plan or there will be consequences."

"I dropped out. I told you weeks before I joined 141 that I wanted nothing to do with your little fucking plan." You hissed through your clenched teeth. "You gave me an out and i took it. Now you're using it to fucking backstab me when you told me you'd wouldn't hold it against me." You spoke leaning against the counter after making your way into the kitchen.

"Well deals changed." Shepard spoke abruptly. "What would happen if I simply relayed it to them?"

"You fucking asshole." You growled clenching your free hand into a fist. "Fuck you. fuck Reggie and fuck your stupid shit. I'm not going down for what you decided to do. Do not fucking drag them into this. Fuck. You." You hung up the phone letting it hit roughly against the counter. Just after you took a few deep breathes, the sound of a vehicle approached outside the house.  You leaned to the right slightly to peer out a part of the window to see the guys hopping out. Distinct mumbles were exchanged between them and Farrah before they made their way up to the door. In came Price, Soap and then Ghost.

"Hey l/n" price smiled dropping his gear bag off onto the side, continuing in.

"Smalls!" Soap chimed raising his hands up in the arm happy to greet you.

"Johnny." Ghost warned shooting a stare into Soap's back.

"What? You can't own a nickname! I'm allowed to call her that too!" He interjected.

"No." Ghost concluded the conversation closing the front door once he entered inside the house. His eyes instantly searching for your gaze which you met them quickly.

"How bored were you today?" Price spoke plopping himself on the couch, his head snapping to the boys still walking in.

"Couldn't you tell? The whole house is so fucking spiffy and clean!" You chuckled turning to scanning the house. "I worked so hard with so little. I'm surprised I even made a dent in this place."

"Well it looks good." Soap smiled plopping his bag into the top of the table.

"Soap you bloody animal, get your bag off of the focking table." Price spoke raising his hand vertically towards soaps bag. "Did you not just hear what we were just talking about?"

"Yes yes! I forgot!" Soap huffed dragging his bag off the table, slapping onto the ground with a hard thud.

"It's alright. We should know by now that nothing stays clean with soap around." You chuckled grabbing the phone off the table and placing it into your back pocket of your pants.

"I taught the boy better!" Prove sneered playfully towards soap.

"Let me go change out of those smelly clothes and then I'll whip something up for dinner." You smiled pushing yourself off the counter to start down the short hallway towards the room. Your hand grabbed the knob, letting yourself in walking towards the small closet. You stopped halfway into the room, bringing your hands up to the back of your head, letting your head slowly drop back letting out a deep exhale. The door squeaked behind you, and you slightly jumped whirling around to see ghost slowly walking in.

"What's the matter?" he asked closing the door behind him facing you.

"Nothing, just a long boring day without any of you around and not being able to leave.  I'm just tired." You spoke softly dropping your arms to your side while ghost approached, looking down at you.

"You're bluffing."

"I'm not! I'm being dead seriously."  You protested bringing your chin up slightly to look up at his towering figure.  "I missed you.." you basically whispered bringing your arms up to rest on his broad shoulders.

"Hmmm...." He hummed, letting his tired, sunken eyes peer onto your delicate features. His gloved hands hesitantly rose to place themselves swiftly on your hips.

"Saying things like that is going to get you in trouble..." he grumbled softly, his raspiness exaggerating.

"How so?" You smiled bringing your hands to fumble with the back seam of his mask playfully.

"The things you do to me..." he huffed flowing with a low growl before he parted from you, reluctantly. You dropped your shoulders disappointed, you head falling to the side, letting your eyes fluctuate fro, his abdomen up to his beautiful brown eyes. His eye flicked to the door indicating they'd get nosey and find their way over. You huffed and turned to face the closet rummaging through the clothes to find something fresh to wear. You pulled out a clean maroon t-shirt, some loose fitting pants that looked extremely comfortable. You pulled them out entirely, closing the closet behind you. You turned back around to see ghost's eyes move up to look at you.

"Care to help me?" You teased softly extending your arms holding the clothes out to him. He grumbled taking the clothes tossing them onto the bed, quickly grabbing your shirt, softly pulling it over your head and off your body, to reveal your bra surrounded by bare skin. You heard him let out a frustrated exhale and a smirk appeared on your face seeing how the sight of you shirtless had him on edge. He lowered his hands to your waist undoing your Jean zipper, aggressively pull thing the, off your hips and down your legs. "Fuck." He breathed out while he hesitated to grab your fresh clothes. He momentarily contemplating quickly fucking you senseless on that bed but not with the guys down the hall. He couldn't.  His hand snatched the shirt off the bed pulling it over you head to hug your body.

"Don't want to keep them waiting now do we?" You bit your lips letting your eyes get lose in his. You knew all to well nothing could happen but a part of you wish he'd do it. He brought his hand up to your jaw, clenching it softly pulling you close to his geared body.

"I'll deal with you later."