Chapter 38. 6 months

The same day you found of the devil of the general was your sperm donor of a father was the same day Ghost left without a word. No reasoning, no explanation, nothing to go off of.  He was gone. And he stayed gone for 6 months.

In those 6 months, Captain Price and Laswell offered you a permanent position on the task force, letting you keep your current job but for Task Force 141. You wanted to decline and break away but Soap encouraged you to stay. Stepping up like a brother to help you through this. He knew how Ghost was and knew how much he had grown on you, how much it affected you. You had to admit, there were a few days where it hit you hard. You finally had someone you cared for step up and then after one single day, it changed.
————————-

"Are you gonna launch the damn thing or are we gonna sit here all day?" Soap spoke through the radio

"Literally give me a damn minute, I'm testing the command buttons, chill out, Irish spring" you retorted back over the radio to him. Your eyes scanned the buttons panel flipping the switch to avert the aim of the missile in the right direction, your eyes now on the large camera screen seeing which way the missile was turning.

"Yeah yeah hurry up, Laswell's on a time crunch." Soap added quickly.

"Alright.....prep and ready for launch in 3.....2......1"  you radioed pressing the red button taking a step back looking up at the camera hearing the hissing of the hydraulics in the missiles. Within seconds, there was a large crank before the Missile released itself from the assembling structure launching into the sky quickly, cutting a hard left towards the large red painted target several hundred yards away from its launching point, plummeting directly into the center. The impact caused a large explosion, leaving a massive crater where the target once was.  You smiled and jumped in place.

"That was phenomenal, y/n!" Laswell's voice echoed through the coms.

"I still got it." You smiled leaning forward to press the button to talk, responding to Laswell

"Fu-ck y-eah!" Soap radioed over coms, his voice cutting out the whole time, which caused you to giggle. You shook your head and started shutting down the controls, letting your eyes shoot up to make sure the structure retreat back into the ground, a steel cover enclosing it in. Once you confirmed it was packed away, you flipped on the monitors shutting it down before turning to see the door open.

"That was pretty interesting to see." Price smiled approaching you with his hand up ready to give you a high five. You chuckled bringing your hand to collide against his momentarily.

"It only took, what 6 months to make? Surprising that's a record to have my missiles completely work with no complications and land on target accurately." You smiled returning your hand to your side.

"And you did it all by yourself, no help. Well disregarding soap. I'm sure he didn't help too much." Price chuckled.

"He helped.... Slightly."  You admitted rolling your eyes. "If he says he helped, just roll with it."

A few minutes went by and in strolled Laswell and Soap. Laswell's face was now serious, soap looked confused. You furrowed your brows trying to reach soap without using your words but he simply just shook his head No. price turned to Laswell instantly knowing something was up, following her out of the room without any other conversations afoot.

"What's going on?" You asked walking up to soap.

"It's nothing."

"Soap, don't do that shit. What's going on?" You retorted crossing your arms over your chest instantly having a million thoughts run through your mind.

"Simons back...." Soap said reluctantly. Your froze, feeling your muscles tighten.

"Why." You spat, feeling the anger rise

"Hassan and Ghorbani are cooking up an arms deal with Russia. Ghost has been out there for the last 4-5 months gathering intel along with the shadows." Soap added bringing his hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Okay so why is he back?"

"Look I know you're upset with him but if you try to start it up again, he will shut you down." Soap huffed knowing exactly what you were gonna do.

"Fuck that soap! He doesn't get to pull that shit, leave without a fucking word and then come back 6 months later and act like everything is gonna be fine. I'll be fucking damned." You hissed shaking your head. "Where is he?"

"In prices office with Laswell and pri- y/n. Do not. At least fucking wait until they're done." He dropped his shoulders in defeat.

"Yeah fine. Whatever. Fuck!" You growled throwing up your hands walking in a circle.

"Go take a shower and take a breathed and then you can drill him for all his bullshit, okay?" Soap hummed approaching you placing his hand on your shoulder, patting it carefully like you were a rapid dog.

"Yeah yeah I get it. It ain't gonna calm me down but it'll give me something to do because I'm this close to storming in there and beating the fuck- okay" you stopped yourself sending soap one more glance before exiting the control room, heading to your room.

You entered your room, walking into the bathroom turning on the shower, waiting for it to warm up as you got undressed. You took a few deep breathes ping inside the shower tub feeling the warm water hit against your skin. You stood in the shower for roughly 15-20 minutes just thinking about what you went though the last 6 months. How it affected you, how long it took you to get over it. How soap had to help you through it. He wrecked you and obviously gave no fucks in the process.

You exited the shower, wrapping the towel around your body walking into your room grabbing your phone off the desk. A text from soap appeared and it stated.

'Meetings over, ghost left the office. I don't know where to.'

You rolled your eyes letting your phone fall on the bed before heading into your closet to get dressed in fresh clothes. You brushed your hair and finished getting ready before your hand gripped the knob of your door opening it slowly. You jumped when you saw a tall dark figure standing in your doorway. In defense of being startled, you brought your right arm to hook up sending a punch right into their jaw. It was fucking ghost.

You felt bad but he deserved every bit of that swing.