Chapter 49. Stand still

(Hey y'all! Another chapter down! This one's in for a wild ride. I'm doing roll call! Who's here?)

Simon

He couldn't find another way inside for the life of him. There was one door towards the south side of the building that was bolted shut beyond belief. The dock door seemed to have fallen off the tracks so it couldn't be opened, the window was too small for himself to fit through. He felt useless and it was eating him alive that she was in there. Soap was in there. He could help.

He continued to pace around the shit of a building, hoping another entrance would pop up.

Until a vibration erupted from his pocket.

His phone.

He pulled it out quickly, gluing his eye to the screen. Price. He pressed the 'answer' button and lifted it to his masked ear.

"Simon, where are you?" Price's voice echoed through the phones speaker, almost immediately after Simon answered.

"I'm outside the old wood work building.  The grey one on the corner of 11th and 5th. Y/n is inside, I can't get in. The loading door is jacked. Doors busted and the only window Is too small." Simon promptly spoke out, with the phone glued to his ear. He kept his eyes on the building standing before him.

Praying.

Which he never did. Praying y/n and Soap were okay. That she'd get him out and herself safely.

"Chopper is 5 out, I have something we can get ourselves in there with. Do you think L/n can handle it for the time being?" Price asked through the phone.

"I fucking hope so." Simon mumbled under his breathe, almost inaudible for Price to hear. There was a sudden faint commotion that happened on the other side of the thick cemented wall, inside. Simon's heart instantly jumped downward, his legs falling slightly numb. Unsure of what was happening.

"Simon?" Prices voice echoed.

"Something just hap--", before Simon could relay his sentence to the other end of the phone, the building before him shook horrendously before the walls holding it together clashes before him. The light from the missile launching through the roof of the building blinded his sight, The force from the missile launching into straight up into the air, shot the walls out, sending Simon back into the neighboring building that barely withheld. Through the dust and rubble of it all, Simon's cellphone echoed. Prices voice filled the silence.

"Ghost?! Ghost?! Fuck!—"

"Ghost?"

"Soap?"

"Y/n?"

"Please be okay"

—————————-
You

It all happened so fast.

One minute you were fucking around with wires. The next, Soap had yanked you away from the panel and the last thing you saw was 15 seconds plastered on the timer. Then a powerful force throwing you back. A burning bright flash. Then it went black.

You failed.

Not only to save Soap but to stop that missile from launching. But you were trying to. Soap pulled you away. You failed again. And again. It ate you alive every time you failed to finish a Fuckin mission without people dying. What were you good for?