Chapter 33. Please

Reggie's face fumed, the blood from his head wound was in the midst of drying. The dust from the explosion caked his hair and parts of his face, his neck red from where ghost had deemed him unconscious. In his hands laid the same damn Hand gun you had been battled against all night. Your heart was racing at the speed of light, or at least it felt like it. You were scared. Simon was injured and there's no way you'd be able to push him out of range of the gun and take Reggie out.

"Reggie, enough." You warned, your voice pushing fast in his direction. "It's over, it's not worth your life."

"No." He objected quickly hoping a step closer to you and Simon. Simons eyes were glued angrily onto the Reggie, his eyes nonchalantly fluctuating between the gun and Reggie's death stare.

"Reggie please, think about this. You could shoot me or him or us both and you'd get caught. You'd go to jail. You wouldn't succeed Reggie. But if you put the gun down and let me help you, we can work this out. We can avoid putting you away if you. Put. That. Damn. Gun. down." You pleaded in an exhausted tone.

"Im not an idiot, y/n." Reggie hissed turning to aim the gun at you. In doing so, ghost broke from your side and shoved you behind him, using himself as a barrier. Your eyes widened and your mouth fell slightly open at Simon's action. You brought your right hand to grip his wrist softly. He cocked his head to put you in his view.

"It's okay.." His soft Manchester accent poking through the mask before snapping his head back to the armed Reggie.

"Simon, no. Absolutely not." You shot back starting to panic trying to make your way around him but his arm shoved you back quickly.

"Put the gun down..." the familiar raspy voice of none other than the Captains entered the atmosphere. Your eyes shot around ghost to see a gun aimed directly at Reggie's head, Captain Price entering into full view. He looked pissed and irritated at the same time. Reggie stood there frozen with the gun still aimed at you both, almost as if he was contemplating what to do in that very moment.

"Or what? You're gonna shoot me?" Reggie breathed out not taking his eyes off of you specifically.

"I don't want to but I will if I find the means necessary.." Price barked "that young lady over there seems to give a rats arse about you so I'm trying to mind her feelings." He finished "Though, I'd love to drop your arse right here. Right now." He threatened taking the tip of his gun placing it in contact with Reggie's head.

"Shocker" Reggie responded in a sarcastic tone, his eyes still stationary on you.

"Reggie-"

"No DONT." Reggie warned adjusting his aim at you which encouraged price to push the end harder into his head.

"Do not push your luck." Price retorted. "Suggest you put that gun down now."

In a swift motion, Reggie whirled around trying to quickly aim the gun at the captain waiting to pull the trigger. Price dropped his own gun, freeing his hands to quickly turn the aim of the hand gun onto Reggie himself.

*Bang*

The bullet echoed your already ringing ears, your hands gripped the back of Simon's Jacket feeling your heart drop to the floor.

'No no no no no' your brain repeated keeping your eyes from the area of the fired shot. Simon reached his good arm back to grasp your wrist squeezing it gently while his own eyes were glued on the sight.

"Price?" Simon's voice ruptured near you.

"It's alright Simon." Prices voice responded, his tone calm.

"Price?" Soaps voice echoed from the hallway that was still in tact. The door flung open with some force to reveal soap with his m4 Carbine aimed and ready to shoot.

"Im fine, Soap." Price's voice reassured him. You took a deep unsteady breathe as you peered around ghost. Your eyes met a stand still Captain and a bleeding out Reggie. Your lip quivered as he laid there on the ground clutching his abdomen. You released your grip on Simon breaking yourself from his hold running over to Reggie. You dropped to your knees leaning over him. Reggie's pained eyes averted to look up at you slowly. His face full of dying pain.

"Reggie..." you croaked out feeling the water works start to escape your eyelids down your dirty cheeks. "Im so so sorry" you choked up pulling his head to lay in your lap. The light in his eyes started to dim almost slim to none. It broke you. You didn't want this. You wanted to save him, stop him before something like this happened but he didn't listen and you didn't react in time to save him.

"Y/n..." Ghosts voice approached as he walked next to you while you watched the last bit of life in Reggie's eyes merely disappear. His chest heaved one last time, the last exhale escaping through his agape lips. You shook your head aggressively as it all poured out of you. Your ugly sobs leaving your body, the tears falling onto Reggie's body as you leaned over him.

Ghost leaned down next to you slowly planting himself on the ground, using his arm to pull you back against him. You reluctantly let go of Reggie and fell back against ghosts gear chest, he carefully wrapping his arm around you holding you as close as you'd let him. The tighter he held you, the harder you sobbed. Price and Soap took a few steps back giving you both room.

Price didn't want to kill Reggie. He wanted to avoid it at all costs but when he went to turn to shoot him, Price had to act fast. Now the guilt was taking over but he wasn't showing it. He knew Reggie was too far gone from saving but he wanted to try everything because he knew you cared for Reg.

Soap took a few steps forward kneeling directly next to Simon, placing his hand on your back, rubbing it slowly in an comforting matter. Soaps eyes looked into Simons upset eyes like they were communicating without actual words being spoken.

You wrapped your arms around Simon's waist pulling yourself into him harder as you felt your head start to throb from the crying. Reggie was gone and it was hitting you hard. You watched the light in his eyes leave his body just like Gaz's and it wasn't any easier. Especially since it was Reggie. Someone you would've put your life on the line over and over again for if he never betrayed you. You had to tell yourself Reggie actually was dead.