Chapter 43. Choices have consequences

(I'm finally moved in and settling in slowly. So I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to get out😭 I'm exhausted but how are y'all?!)

You took a heavy breathe before reluctantly pulling back from his touch. Your eyes fell to the ground, refusing to meet his gaze.

"I'm sorry Ghost but I can't." You forced the words out, your eyelids falling closed almost scared to see the emotion his eyes would tell. "You're going to do the same damn thing that you did more than half a year ago."

"Why?"

"Why? Jesus Ghost. What do you mean why? I don't know your ploy for this shit, fuck me silly and then walk on outta here like you don't care again. I mentally can't." You shook your head, opening your eyes while you raised your head up to look at him.

There were a few moments of silence, where his eyes glared fiercely into yours before a sound broke form his mask.

"Tch" the sound left his throat, which then followed with a growl before he quickly whirled around, opening your door and slamming it shut behind him. Your eyes fell closed as you exhaled in frustration.

"God fucking damn it." You muttered under your breathe before you walked back into the bathroom, taking the towel off your body before helping yourself back into shower. Feeling the hot water wash away the thoughts and tension built up in your muscles.

After you got lost in your head while you showered, you dressed yourself in your comfy silk pajamas, planting yourself on the crumby hotel bed. You pulled your journal from your bag, placing it into your lap. The bedside lamp lighting up your lap as you flipped through the pages until you reached the next fresh page. The pen rested against your chin as you started to plan how you were going to place your thoughts onto paper.

And before you knew it, you had write a few pages but eventually drifted off to sleep in the middle of writing.
________

You were abruptly woken up to the sound of a hard knocking at your hotel door. You shot up, which sent your journal and pen tumbling to the ground. You caught your breathe as you slid onto the bed to approach the door. You unlocked the latch and the lock, pulling the door open. On the outside stood a man, some time of a housekeeper?

"Fresh towels?" The man pushed out, almost as if those two words were strange to him.

"Uh no thank you?" You responded, your eyes fluctuating between the folded stack of towels and the man's face.

"Toliet-tries?" He then pushed out, an accent thick in the word.

"No I'm fine thanks" you answered trying to slowly close the door once more but he seemed to take a small step forward in an urgent manner.

"Hey y/n" you heard the familiar Scottish accent appear from behind the man. The man whirled around instantly taking a few steps back and off to the side. Soap came into view from your doorway seeing the slightly worried look on your face. Soap snapped his head to the man. "She's fine, thanks." He spat before walking into your room, pushing you inside and slamming the door shut.

"That was not a fucking maid." Soap spoke looking down at you

"Yeah I caught onto that one, thanks captain obvious." You huffed.

"They know which room you're in, you can't stay here anymore." He spoke, with a hint of worry in your voice.

"Calm down, I can take care of myself. I'll whoop ass if I need to." You spit out slightly tilting your head to left.

"I don't know, I don't like the sound of that." He huffed crossing his arms over his chest. "Well Price called me this morning saying he wants us to wrap the whole hotel floor, pick out anything we can."

"Alright, let me change and we can head down there" you answered turning to grab your bag to begin to rummage through the clothes.

"What happened last night?"

"What do you mean?" You asked raising a brow confused

"Simon, he came into the room madder than shite."

"Oh I don't know, it wasn't me." You shrugged your shoulders as you pulled out your clothes. "He must've got a stick shoved up his ass."

"Y/n I'm being serious"

"And I am too, Soap. I don't know. It's ghost. What do you expect?" You sighed as you picked up your clothes heading into the bathroom to change quickly.

"You better not be lying to your best friend here, or I'm going to start crying." Soap threatened through the closed door.

"You crying? I bet you're an ugly crier." You scoffed a chuckled as you slid on your pants, zipping them up.

"Um Fuckin ouch"

"We have to let Laswell and Price know about what just happened. Because if they are starting to catch on, their plan is gonna change." You huffed slipping on the sweater shirt before you opened the bathroom door to exit. Seeing soap sat on the edge of your bed.

"Yeah you want to or do you want me to?"

"Uh, I'll do it" you nodded walking to the bedside table to grab your phone. You turned on the screen scrolling through your contacts to find Price. You dialed the number placing it to your ear.

Price answered and you relayed all the details you had picked up since you arrived. You then started to tell him the events of this morning. And how soap showed up at just the right time. Mid way through speaking, your brain froze and your eyes slightly widened.

They knew where you were staying because of ghost. Because he was following them last night, and when they got suspicious he entered your room.

"Fuck! Price I have to go, I'll call you if I have any further information." You spoke quickly hanging up turning to soap. "Okay I lied soap.... Ghost knocked at my door last night. Said he was following some guys and they got suspicious of him so he stopped at my door. I let him in and he only stayed for a few minutes. And then he left. But they're ere outside the door for a while trying to listen in. He's the Fucking reason they know where I'm staying. What a fuck-"

"What?"

"Did you hear what I just said?" You dropped your shoulders.

"Yes! Christ I did. I'm just- fuck!" Soap huffed.

"Where is ghost?"

"He was still in the room when I left." Soap spoke rising form the bed, turning to face you entirely with his hands on his head.

"I gotta go talk to him." You urged pushing past soap, opening the door to head down the hall towards their room.