Chapter 12. Mystery

Ghost's gaze towards you had a type of hunger in it. Something you'd never seen before. Your eyes refusing to leave his, your cheek growing hot, goosebumps traveling your body. Why was he looking at you like that? Surely it's something you're just imagining. The tension building up with the way he was staring at you had you feeling weak.

He broke his stare quickly pulling back clearing his throat as if he were trying to clear his head of thoughts.

" I um-" you spoke softly breaking the tension.

"Have you eaten?" He's suddenly asked clearing his throat once more, your eyes watching him closely.

"No sir." You smiled sitting on your feet as you leaned your elbows onto the backrest of the couch propping yourself up to watch Ghost wandering in the kitchen looking for something to make for the both of you. "You ever take off the mask?" You felt pushy with your luck.

"No, madam" he reminded almost immediately. "How bout some pizza rolls or frozen burritos?"

"Pizza rolls. Are you ugly?" You spoke knowing his attempts of trying to change the subject were strong.

"whatever rows your boat at night." He said slyly.

"We'll I don't know if you are or not, so can't make any judgement calls" you shrugged your shoulders poking at the bear.

"You're a testy one."

"How else am I supposed to get answers about you from you? You give me nothing to go off of." You huffed

"You don't like the mystery?"

"We'll sure, who doesn't but mysteries get solved eventually." You smirked.

"Okay then, ask some questions and I'll answer."

"Oooooh well that's the first." You chuckled leaning your head on your hand. "Any family?"

"No"

"Ok, any childhood best friends?" You asked

"No."

"How was your childhood?"

"Awful, next."

"Got Any goals?"

"No."

"Oh my gosh you're absolutely awful with answering questions! One or two words isn't enough. Details." You groaned getting frustrated with his dry answers. He pulled a plate of now hot pizza rolls out of the microwave bringing them to you.

"Hmmm." He hummed raising his brows momentarily. "Drink?"

"Waters fine." You continued. "Why do you fancy me?" That question seemed to cause ghost to freeze in his tracks

"Who said I fancy you?" He interjected continuing his trek to the fridge.

"Oh here we go, you can't bullshit the bullshitter Ghost. You called yourself out earlier." You spat playfully at him.

"I'm not answering that." He responding handing you your water you asked for.

"Okay how about this? Why'd you hate me when i first arrived?" You asked, "I need a good answer with this. Not some icky one word response. I know your vocabulary is high than that."

He scoffed making his way to the couch planting himself directly next to you placing his own drink down. After his stare was on the ground for a few moments, he started to speak.

"You reminded me of someone." He started. " you're whole demeanor gave off the vibe they used to. Like you didn't have a mean bone in your body." his voice dropped lowly, his accent thickening with each word.

"Okay now you can ask me a question if you want to?" You smiled gently sitting on the couch cross cross facing Ghost.

"Why'd you join the army?" He asked grabbing his drink as opened it.

"Seemed like my most stable way through life. Had nothing holding me back, back home." You responded. "Mother died of a stroke when I graduated high school, dad never was in the picture, no siblings. Yadda yadda. Okay now my turn-" you started but he cut you off.

"Eat your fucking pizza rolls, stop stalling." He ordered you.

"Damn okay" you caved in grabbing one and popping it in your mouth. Your eyes watched as he lifted the bottom of his mask up to reveal his sharp jawline. Your eyes were glued to it, you couldn't look away. You watched as he brought the drink up to his lips taking a swig before bringing his mask back down. He caught you staring and shook his head.

"There you go staring at me again." He pointed out and you broke your gaze instantly cheeks reddening in embarrassment.

"We'll don't point it out, that makes it worse!" You spat back looking away to hide the redness on your cheeks.

"No don't look away." He spoke reaching his hand to move your chin to make you look at him. Once he achieved it, he retreated his hand. "I never said I didn't like it, soldier."

Your eyes widened swiftly at his remark and your mouth fell open slightly from his Burst of boldness.

"So you do fancy me, 100% confirmed." You teased crossing your arms raising a brow at him.

"And what if I do?" He asked leaning back against the couch keeping his eyes drawn on you.

"Oh I'm not pleading against it." You rose your hands in defeat. "Thee Simon Riley fancies me." You giggled "I like the sound of that."

"You are a pain in the ass." He rolled his eyes.

"So, you shower with that mask on too or what?" You laughed quickly covering your mouth.

"No."

"I figured but then again, you do a lot of questionable things." You shrugged your shoulders taking a drink of your water.

"Is that so?"

"Yep." You kept your smile printed on your face.

"Like?"

"Oh not I'm not giving you the satisfaction of knowing. I like the chase" you challenged leaning against the arm rest. A low grumble escaped through his mask and he shook his head slowly.

"You are a one of a kind, F/n." He spoke low, his raspy voice echoing in your ears. He leaned forward closing in on you. Your body froze and your body grew hot once more as his eyes peered through the mask whilst he closed in. His face within inches from yours, his eyes swapping from your eyes to you lips.

Your heart was racing rapidly and the room grew hot. Your eyes never breaking his stare, just you falling deep into his beautiful eyes.

"Open." He suddenly spoke as he brought a pizza roll to your lips. Your eyes shot directly to it and slight disappointment crossed your face. You grabbed the pizza roll from his hand grumpily and plopped it in your mouth, crossing your arms while you chewed it.

"Good girl."

You stopped mid chew nearly choking on the pizza roll, your eyes snapping direct at him.