Chapter 27. Unknown

Soap and you chatted for the majority of the time you made breakfast. He gave you the whole run down of what happened after you and Ghost left and so on. He then got nosey and asked nearly a million questions about You and ghost. You tried to change the subject numerous times but he pried until he got at least something out of you.

"Okay sooo tell me..." soap continued.

"Oh Jesus, Soap" you threw your head back letting a deep sigh leave your body.

"Was the Rec room incident, the first time?" He smirked biting his lip knowing he'd struck a nerve. You rolled your eyes turning to face him planted on the counter.

"Why are you so nosey? What if it was? What if it wasn't?" You spat playfully.

"Is it big?"

"John MacTavish!" Your mouth dropped open but quickly your hand flew over your mouth absolutely taken back by his question.  "How- why-"

"Soap stop being weird and cornering the poor girl with those questions." Captain Price's voice chimed in behind you both. You jumped and when your eyes met his, your cheek grew hot from embarrassment.

"I made eggs...." You smiled sheepishly quickly trying to change the subject. Price looked at you a smirk forming on his lips.

"It's none of my business." Price spoke reassuring you he couldn't give two shits.

"Eggs and toast. Help yourself." You smiled switching your glance between Soap and Price.

"Where's Simon?" Price asked helping himself to the food.

"Sleeping." You and Soap said in unison which caused Price to stop what he was doing and turn to face you both.

"Good joke you two." Price chuckled turning back ti face the counter.

"No like actually. She drugged him!" Soap interjected.

"I didn't fucking drug him." You huffed letting out a small chuckle.

"We'll I'll be fucking damned. Not once have I know that man have I ever seen him sleep." Price spoke taking his plate to the small table neighboring the kitchen.

"So I've heard."  You smiled leaning against the counter next to Soap.

'Speak of the devil! Good morning Sunshine!" Soap chimed his eyes averting to the small hallway behind you. You turned to see Ghost standing geared up in the hallway.

"Do I even wanna know?" Ghost huffed entering the kitchen, his eyes quickly meeting yourself.

"No you don't." You smirked nudging him with your arm as he walked by.

"L/n made some breakfast." Price smiled bringing a fork full of egg to his mouth.

"Wife her up already or I will." Soap cocked his head quickly taking a sip of sip water. Ghost eyes quickly shot to Soap's place. His glare seemed deadly, he wasn't sure if it was a threatening one or what but you said nothing. "Jesus Simon I was joking" soap quickly concluded.

"Thank you." He said quietly leaning near your ear with his hand in your lower back before walked up to grab a piece of toast. You smiled lightly hearing his voice serenade your ear. A shiver ran down your back but you made no attempts acknowledge it.

"So here's the deal." Price spoke placing his empty plate in the counter. "I hate to say it but I need soap and ghost today. I've got some things we need to do but you are to stay here. Now laswell agreed that we could get you a burner phone.." he spoke reaching into his pocket reaching it out to give it to you. Your eyes flipped from price to the phone. "So if for some reason you need to contact us, this is how. Those Walkies have a range before they don't work anymore. I don't know how long or far we'll be. This is for your safety and ours." You hesitated taking the phone in your hands.

"We'll be back before sunset tonight." Soap added taking a bite of toast.

"Okay" you huffed turning to send a glance towards ghost who quickly gave you a small nod.

After breakfast was rounded up and you picked up the kitchen, you walked the boys to the door. Farrah was already outside with one of the military vehicles waiting for them. Price and Soap exited the house directly to the car but as ghost was walking to the door, he stopped next to you, peering down at you.

"We'll be back soon. Please be careful." He mumbled leaned close to you, almost inhaling your addicting scent before he brought his gloved hand to greet your cheek. He left it there a few seconds before parting from you, continuing to walk out the door. You then stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame watching them load up their vehicle and hop in. Price sat in the passenger seat, soap in the left back seat and Ghost in the right back seat. The vehicle grumbled to a start before it slowly took off, eventually falling out of view. Your eyes dropped to the phone in your hand. It almost looked like a shitty Nokia phone you had back in early high school.

You exhaled turning to walk back inside, closing the door behind you. You placed the phone on the table while you wandered around the small run down house looking for shit to do. Eventually you just decided to go ham and deep clean the place with what little supplies you had. You made do, utilizing the water and a few rags you had found. The amount of dust that accumulated in that house was uncanny  bit it made senses considering where you were.

After cleaning, you even decided to sit outside for a little to soak up the sun. A small old wooden rocking chair sat just outside the front door. That's where you sat, slowly rocking back and forth scanning your surroundings. It was peaceful. The civilians that wandered the streets with their children. You had your feet on the chairs base, resulting your knees to be brought up to your chest. You laid your hands on your knees and then your head on your hands. (Yk yk lmao) the nature was interrupted but a ringtone echoing in the empty house. You snapped your head for a moment quickly remembering you were given a burner phone. You popped up quickly opening the door running inside.

You only hopped up so fast in the case that it could be Ghost. Or Price or Soap. Hopefully to just check in. And nothing was wrong. You approached the phone in the table, grabbing it. You clicked the 'answer' button bringing it up to your ear.

"Hello?" You spoke first.

"You fucked up there soldier." A voice spoke from the phone. Your body froze, your feet stuck in place.

"Shepard...."