Chapter 41. Chicago

(I'm so sorry this took so long y'all, moving across country is god awful. Anyways, enjoy!!)

After Soap reluctantly helped you clean up the shop, the both of you exited and made your way down the hall.

Soap entered the briefing room first, holding the door open for you to enter. You hesitated but eventually pushed yourself into the room, your eyes landed on Captain Price, Kate Laswell, and of course. Ghost. A heavy sigh escaped your lips when your eyes connected with his figure. The minute he brought his eyes to look at you, you snapped your head to look at soap.

You placed yourself in the seat next to Soap at the large table. You scooted in your chair and brought your knees up to your chest, placing your heels on the edge of the seat. Soap shook his head at your silly position before he turned his eyes to focus on Laswell and Price.

"Glad you two could join us" Price acknowledged with a simple head nod.

"So, has you know. Hassan and Ghorbani are pairing with Russia to go against the American military. Since our mission was compromised on recovering those missiles, unfortunately Ghorbani got his hands on them. Which puts us in a tight spot" Laswell started leaning her elbows against the back of the chair that sat stationary next to Price who stood with his hands on his vest, his eyes scanning between everyone in the room.

You kept your attention towards the front of the room, blocking out everything else on the way towards the front. But out of the corner of your eye, you could feel his eyes glancing at you. You left your chest rise and fall heavily while you shook your head without bringing your eyes to meet his.

"So what's our plan?" You asked returning your full undivided attention to Laswell.

"From Ghost's Intel, he gathered that they're planting one of the missiles in Chicago. We don't know the target..." Laswell paused

"We need to expire Ghorbani and Hassan. get to that missile before it launches god knows where." Price added turning to glance at Laswell before scanning the room. "I'm sending the 3 of you to Chicago, you need to locate the missile and defuse it."

"How long do we have?" The Manchester voice picked up through the tensed room.

"I would say a week but that would be pushing it. 4-5 days tops. But I'm counting on you guys to get it done sooner" Laswell nodded her head swiftly

"Do we have any other information on where to even start to figure out where it is in Chicago?" Soap asked raising his brow

"The Hilton Hotel. There's been numerous accounts of check ins under super suspicious Alias names. The hotel is required to do background checks on each guest to ensure safety measures and around 32 guests came back with little no information. That's where you three will be booked for the remainder of mission." Laswell spoke sliding a vanilla folder across the table directly in front of you and soap. You grabbed it flipping it open quickly. There was a stack of papers and each piece of paper had peoples names and information.

"3 bedrooms right?"

"2" Laswell responded

"The boys in one and you in the other." Price added.

"That's a little fruity." Soap suddenly added, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Fucking Christ." Ghost grumbled under his breathe

"You got something to tell us?" You smirked back to soap nudging his arm. You then turned to your attention to ghost who's eyes were already on you. "You left me for soap?" You joked, trying to subside your anger with the way he looked at you.

He said nothing but turned his masked stare back to price.

"When are we set to leave?" He asked turning the conversation back to them

"Tonight."
————————-

You opened the door to your room, hauling in your heavy duffel bags. You entered inside, closing the door with your foot letting it slam behind you. You drug your bags until you reached your bed, dropping them on the floor before letting yourself plop onto the bed. The door swung open not even minutes later to soap barging into your room.

"What if I was naked?" You cocked your head

"You literally just walked in, how would you-" he shook his head closing the door behind him before walking a few more feet in. "Let's go get some food from the buffet, yeah?"

"We just ate not even-"

"Okay but it'll be good for us to start observing and picking out the odds. Plus! Free food? Come on now. Who are we to not take advantage of the stay?" Soap raised his brows, smiling silly

"Alright alright you've got a point..." you exhaled dropping your shoulders "can i change into different clothes? These reek of the base?"

"Yeah yeah of course" he Spoke not budging from his spot.

"Umm...soap?"

"What?"

"I- you know what, I'll just change in the bathroom." You shook your head standing to your feet before pulling one of your bags to your reach, pulling out some casual comfortable clothes. You let out a small chuckle towards soap before entering into the bathroom.

After you got dressed, you and soap took the elevator to the first floor and took a hard right to eventually bleed into the dining/buffet area that sat across from the casino. You and soap grabbed your plates, filling them excessive with food before taking a seat at a tall table with the view of the slot machines.

"Did you see the way the worker lady was look at you?" You laughed bringing your plate directly in front of you.

"It's cause Ima big boy" He huffed, the corner of his lips curling.

"Oh god, ew. She was looking at you because of how much food you stuffed your plate with" you retorted rolling your eyes while you brought the fork full of food to your mouth, taking a bite.

"Hey, believe what you want" you argued playfully, his eyes scanning the slots carefully. "I tried to get ghost to come but-"

"Now why would you...." You took a deep breathe knowing damn well you had to suck it up and deal with him for the mission. "Let me guess, he said no?"

"No he didn't, actually he didn't even answer at all" soap shrugged his shoulders

"Typical"

"How so?" Ghosts voice erupted from behind both of you causing you both to jump.